• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Mickey's last game

T-Rex

Recruit
5 Year Member
No bowl game, no winning season. On Friday throw all the stops out, I hope Mickey throws in the kitchen sink, the oven, the refrigerator and throws out the punter for this last game. I want to see halfback passes-go for it on 4th downs, linemen eligible, fake field goals, wide receiver screens (NO NOT THOSE, sorry) what do we have to lose.....let's go out with a bang.

I hope Mickey let's Whipple rest his knee and play calling ability at Clark Jerry and he gets the codes for the nuclear briefcase. I think with Mickey's personality he would love to let it all out, for him and his players. Immense respect for Mickey the person.

I guess I’m seeing it a little differently. I think this is a winnable game. Let’s not repeat the all out riskiness the likes of on-side kicks when you have the lead or any other high risks poor coaching decision plays.

Unless we start falling behind I say play fundamentally sound football with sound coaching decisions. Stupid 4 th down attempts, untimely blitzes that turn into 6 yard completions and a cloud of dust aren’t necessary against Iowa. At least not early.

Just my opinion as I don’t want it to look like a clown show out there.

Last edited:
No bowl game, no winning season. On Friday throw all the stops out, I hope Mickey throws in the kitchen sink, the oven, the refrigerator and throws out the punter for this last game. I want to see halfback passes-go for it on 4th downs, linemen eligible, fake field goals, wide receiver screens (NO NOT THOSE, sorry) what do we have to lose.....let's go out with a bang.
Hell, this is hard to argue. Hell yeah. Throw that ******* microwave at them as well.

How about onside kicks with a 2 possession lead?

I kid, I kid.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back