• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Let's put Mickey Joseph's staff together, shall we.

Another thing to keep in mind when Nebraska's next coach is putting his staff together, sometimes it's easier to grab really good assistants when they're at schools going through some turmoil. Will Jimbo Fisher get fired? If so, he has several good coaches that'll be highly sought-after by other coaches. Even if he's retained, a year like this will inevitably lead to staff changes. Regardless of if any of these guys have to fall on the sword for Fisher, some may look to choose a favorable landing spot or might want to get away from a toxic situation.

The Aggies have one of the best staffs in the country. They honestly don't have a weak spot. Their struggles start at the top with Fisher. None of these assistants will/would have trouble finding Power Five jobs after leaving College Station.

These are the guys I would personally reach out to if I were Nebraska's coach, just to see if they had interest in jumping off the Titanic.

DJ Durkin: defensive coordinator (has coached all three levels)
James Coley: offensive coordinator (has coached QB, WR, TE)
Steve Addazio: offensive line
Dameyune Craig: WR or QB
Tommie Robinson (worked with Joseph at LSU): RB, WR, TE

Another thing to keep in mind when Nebraska's next coach is putting his staff together, sometimes it's easier to grab really good assistants when they're at schools going through some turmoil. Will Jimbo Fisher get fired? If so, he has several good coaches that'll be highly sought-after by other coaches. Even if he's retained, a year like this will inevitably lead to staff changes. Regardless of if any of these guys have to fall on the sword for Fisher, some may look to choose a favorable landing spot or might want to get away from a toxic situation.

The Aggies have one of the best staffs in the country. They honestly don't have a weak spot. Their struggles start at the top with Fisher. None of these assistants will/would have trouble finding Power Five jobs after leaving College Station.

These are the guys I would personally reach out to if I were Nebraska's coach, just to see if they had interest in jumping off the Titanic.

DJ Durkin: defensive coordinator (has coached all three levels)
James Coley: offensive coordinator (has coached QB, WR, TE)
Steve Addazio: offensive line
Dameyune Craig: WR or QB
Tommie Robinson (worked with Joseph at LSU): RB, WR, TE
I was thinking (something I shouldn’t really do, I know) that A&M’s problems may be that they didn’t recruit toward building anything and instead just said we want the most stars and that’s our identity. If they can get them playing in the same direction Jimbo will be safe

I thought I'd have a little fun and put a hypothetical staff together for Mickey. It consists of guys I think he'd keep from the current staff. It also has a couple coaches I think he'd add for obvious reasons. There are some he has worked with in the past and then I took some liberty and filled out the rest with coaches who I feel would be great hires. Coaches who have experience in the Big Ten or the Midwest.

I'm assuming he'd get a rather sizable assistant coach salary pool and could offer these guys raises and/or a better opportunity.

Vance Joseph (Arizona Cardinals) Assistant Head Coach, Defensive Coordinator and Safeties Coach

Joe Brady (Buffalo Bills) Offensive Coordinator and QB coach

Bill Busch (Nebraska) Special Teams Coordinator

Charlie Partridge (Pitt) Defensive Line Coach and Defensive Run Game Coordinator

Herb Hand (UCF) Offensive Line Coach and Run Game Coordinator

Bryan Applewhite (Nebraska) Running Backs Coach

Al Washington (Notre Dame) Associate Head Coach and Linebackers Coach

Nathan Scheelhaase (Iowa State) Wide Receivers Coach and Passing Game Coordinator

Terry Joseph (Texas) Cornerbacks Coach and Defensive Passing Game Coordinator

Tim Brewster (Jackson State) Tight Ends Coach

Tommy Moffitt (fmr. LSU) Strength and Conditioning Coach
So, Rhule's potential staff?

Don't know much about him or very many other assistants out there.
He’s not bringing hardly anyone from Cincinnati if he’s coming here. Mike Tressel and Mike Brown would probably be it.

Fickell. HC
Tressel. DC
Mickey OC
Busch. ST
Applewhite RB
Brown WR

Probably some more NU guys stay.

Edit: crap I’m doing Fickell staff my bad

Last edited:
He’s not bringing hardly anyone from Cincinnati if he’s coming here. Mike Tressel and Mike Brown would probably be it.

Fickell. HC
Tressel. DC
Mickey OC
Busch. ST
Applewhite RB
Brown WR

Fickell. HC
Tressel. DC
Mickey OC
Busch. ST
Applewhite RB
Brown WR

Happens to the best of us LOL

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back