• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Luke Fickell "there might be something there"

Then she isn’t a good wife. The wife goes where the man goes, who is making the living. A damn good one at that.
Many years ago my dad was offered a huge promotion to become executive VP of a Fortune 500 but they had to move from Nebraska to NJ. Mom said I'm not leaving here and dad said OK that's fine but make sure you find another place to live because this place is being sold. Mom moved to NJ with dad and everything turned out just fine. :nod: FWIW our family had kids in school. My brother had to change schools and he was a JR in HS and no he wasn't happy. Turned out fine as he made all state in basketball in NJ which got him a scholarship.

Last edited:
Fickell has a contract to 2028 and is making $5 mil a year plus incentives in a state his family wants to be in. What exactly can NU offer that would lure him from that situation?

Fickell has a contract to 2028 and is making $5 mil a year plus incentives in a state his family wants to be in. What exactly can NU offer that would lure him from that situation?
$8-$10 million a year. A bigger pool of money for assistants, better facilities, Big Ten, the chance to lead a blue blood program back to respectability, etc. Maybe those things aren’t a big deal to him and good for him but don’t act like Nebraska isn’t a better job than Cincinnati.

If miller doesn't get hurt in that game . . . tOSU could have named the score. NU was getting boatraced up to that point.

Thankfully, Bausermann made Chubba Purdy look like Dan Marino.
But he did get hurt and Luke blew a 21 point lead with idiotic playcalling.

If miller doesn't get hurt in that game . . . tOSU could have named the score. NU was getting boatraced up to that point.

Thankfully, Bausermann made Chubba Purdy look like Dan Marino.
Oh come on, it was 27-13 when he got hurt and then we scored again. Essentially, the next time his offense saw the field after he was hurt, it was a one score game.

I suspect we will know Saturday or most likely Sunday. Given its been so tight lipped suggest to me TA has had his guy for a while. GBR
I hope so.
I hope the preferred candidate of ADTA doesn’t get cold feet, or gets an 11th hour counter offer too good to turn down.

Not saying Leipold is or was the preferred candidate but him getting his extension now concerns me, simply because the timing is a bit odd. Why are they doing it during the season and not at season’s end? Likely (IMO) to thwart an impending offer.

But he did get hurt and Luke blew a 21 point lead with idiotic playcalling.
What point are you trying to make? That was 11 years ago in Fickell's first year of HC duties. And his DC Jim Heacock took the blame for his squad not stepping up when their QB went down...

But Fickell is a bad coach so let's cross him off the list?? lol

Last edited:

8 million per year and a chance to coach in one of the premiere conferences in the country. And I think people are taking this whole family affinity for Ohio a bit too far. The only thing I can find is a quote from Fickell saying "My family loves it here" which is something every coach says when their name comes up for jobs.

LF LL etc, have zero reason to leave their jobs to come to Nebraska or any other program. They are doing what they love, make great money, and their is ZERO pressure on them to win championships. Ananda is in the same boat. Baylor alum are not going to put him on the "hot seat" for not winning a NC. This is a pressure cooker, and rightfully so. Again, imo, there is only one alpha that belongs here.

LF LL etc, have zero reason to leave their jobs to come to Nebraska or any other program. They are doing what they love, make great money, and their is ZERO pressure on them to win championships. Ananda is in the same boat. Baylor alum are not going to put him on the "hot seat" for not winning a NC. This is a pressure cooker, and rightfully so. Again, imo, there is only one alpha that belongs here.

I don't think Solich wants to coach again.

Huge coaching salaries across all schools has made it difficult for all but the very top level schools to attract solid coaches who can get very comfortable where they are.

LL and LF will never achieve what is possible at NU, but they have very little downside where they are. LL can sit the rest of his career in Lawrence alternating between 5-7, 6-6, 7-5 and not be on the hot seat. We need the guy who believes in taking a great risk for a huge reward. Don't perform and you'll be out of a job in 3 years, but succeed and you are a king.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back