• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Rhule reportedly turned us down. Update: Well Maybe Not

Some are reporting Matt Rhule turned us down over the weekend. I’m have flashbacks of Steve Pederson.
Already been discovered and discussed ad nauseum on the other thread. His source is Dodd, but Dodd doesn’t say he turned NU down— only that other sources suggest that. So we still don’t know nothin.

Last edited:

Already been discovered ad nauseum on the other thread. His source is Dodd, but Dodd doesn’t say he turned NU down— only that other sources suggest that. So we still don’t know nothin.
I could see the guy taking a year off and just enjoying himself. Like every year there will be good jobs opening up next year.

Was he offered on the cheap?
No, the hang-up with anyone hiring Rhule is a new job will reduce his $40 mil buyout from Carolina. He'd basically be working for free unless somebody offered him stupid money.

So when somebody reports that Rhule turned down NU it may mean the salary range NU would be willing to spend, which may have been very good money, still wouldn't have been worth it to Rhule as he'd lose most of that amount from his buyout. In other words, it's not that he didn't want to coach here, it just wouldn't make financial sense for either party.

Last edited:

Some are reporting Matt Rhule turned us down over the weekend. I’m have flashbacks of Steve Pederson.
Technicality, but you can’t turn someone down if you never actually had an offer. It would me more accurate to say he withdrew his candidacy. Now maybe Trev told him it’s his if he wants it. In that case it would be turning it down. But there is no credible evidence to suggest an offer has been made. In the end, it doesn't matter. If the rumor is true, he’s out.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back