• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Luke Fickell "there might be something there"

XCHusker

Red Shirt
5 Year Member
I was listening to the Pick 6 Podcast and those postulated that maybe Trev has a guy he’s wanted since last year. They mentioned Matt Campbell but what if it’s Fickell. Trev knew Fickell wasn’t going to leave last year as they were headed toward a birth in the CFP. Trev keeps the Frosty fans happy by bringing their guy back knowing he would fail and that Fickell probably wasn’t going to be able to make another CFP run from a non power 5 school.

Now Trev has his guy. If we don’t hear anything next weekend then we know it’s a coach whose team is playing in a CCG and that narrows it down to Fickell or Klieman. 8 years/$64 mill with $7-8 mill for assistants.

Last edited:

I was listening to the Pick 6 Podcast and those postulated that maybe Trev has a guy he’s wanted since last year. They mentioned Matt Campbell but what if it’s Fickell. Trev knew Fickell wasn’t going to leave last year as they were headed toward a birth in the CFP. Trev keeps the Frosty fans happy by bringing their guy back knowing he would fail and that Fickell probably wasn’t going to be able to make another CFP run from a non power 5 school.

Now Trev has his guy. If we don’t hear anything next weekend then we know it’s a coach whose team is playing in a CCG and that narrows it down to Fickell or Klieman. 8 years/$64 mill with $7-8 mill for assistants.
He’s dominated a weak conference and he’s taking athletes Ohio State passed on but won with them. He has experience as a head coach but playing in the Big Ten is a different animal. At this point who knows there’s been such speculation seems a new guy every week. Trev has amazingly keep a tight lid on this.

He’s dominated a weak conference and he’s taking athletes Ohio State passed on but won with them. He has experience as a head coach but playing in the Big Ten is a different animal. At this point who knows there’s been such speculation seems a new guy every week. Trev has amazingly keep a tight lid on this.
That’s the most important thing to remember; there’s a new guy every week. Folks close to the program supposedly said whatever. I think we are moving off of Rhule now, but the reality is we never knew anything about who was being considered and frankly, we still don’t.

That’s the most important thing to remember; there’s a new guy every week. Folks close to the program supposedly said whatever. I think we are moving off of Rhule now, but the reality is we never knew anything about who was being considered and frankly, we still don’t.
Rhule isn’t the guy this week but I believe he’s going to be a great college coach somewhere, nice if it would be here. Bill O’Brien would also be a good coach for Nebraska but who knows at this point.

I suspect we will know Saturday or most likely Sunday. Given its been so tight lipped suggest to me TA has had his guy for a while. GBR
The opposite could just as easily be true. If Nebraska has their guy...especially if they have had him for a while, he must certainly be talking to potential coordinators/assistants. That would suggest that probably a dozen or so people are in them know. One of the would be bound to say something to somebody.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back