• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Adrian Martinez

Beat Texas Tech today. 179 yards rushing on 12 carries (14 yds/att) and three TDs. Modest passing stats at 12-21 for 116 yards and a TD. And no KSU turnovers.

Last edited:

eh, lets be honest about AM, hes in a league where Defense is suspect. its not the same as the B1G. im happy hes having success there, but its not like hes a completely different player.

Other than WV, there isn’t a team in the Big 12 that Nebraska would be favored against. It’s a different league, alright. Outside of the top 4, the B1G is a joke. That was demonstrated in the first few games of the season.

Last edited:

After six games, AM has not had a turnover and has a decent completion %. Good for him as it's fricking amazing achievement based on his 40+ games as a husker starter.

Just reinforces what awful coaches SF and Cigar man were

I don't think we can specifically blame Frost and Verduzco for all the turnovers, because some of them were just weird, and others were things that no coach at any level of football would coach. That said, I do think AM's a better QB now, which I'm really happy about because by all accounts he's a good guy and did everything he could to win games for the Huskers. He also represented the program with class off the field.

In sports, sometimes a "change of scenery" can do wonders for a player. At Nebraska, every time Martinez turned the ball over or something weird happened to cost the Huskers a W, he had to go through days of hearing about all the other times turnovers or something weird cost the Huskers a game in the past four years. When he got to KSU, the coaches there didn't even concern themselves with that stuff, and they told AM not to be concerned about the past too. Now that the season's underway, the reporters who cover KSU are obviously far more interested in asking AM questions about 2022, and the KSU fans don't care about anything other than what happens in 2022 as well.

IMO the fact KSU's OL coach Conor Riley is a really good OL coach is more important than Martinez not being coached by Frost and Verduzco. KSU's given up 16 sacks so far. In 2021, the Huskers had given up over 20 sacks by this point in the season, including 3 by Illinois, 5 by OU, and an absolutely brutal 7 sacks by Michigan State. The fact KSU's OL is the best OL Martinez has played behind can also be seen in Martinez's rushing stats. He's rushed 91 times for 546 yards and 9 TD's. He's averaging 6 YPC. He's going to easily surpass his career high of 629 rushing yards (4.5 YPC) from 2018. He'll also probably surpass the 13 rushing TDs he had in 2021.

Last edited:
I don't think we can specifically blame Frost and Verduzco for all the turnovers, because some of them were just weird, and others were things that no coach at any level of football would coach. That said, I do think AM's a better QB now, which I'm really happy about because by all accounts he's a good guy and did everything he could to win games for the Huskers. He also represented the program with class off the field.

In sports, sometimes a "change of scenery" can do wonders for a player. At Nebraska, every time Martinez turned the ball over or something weird happened to cost the Huskers a W, he had to go through days of hearing about all the other times turnovers or something weird cost the Huskers a game in the past four years. When he got to KSU, the coaches there didn't even concern themselves with that stuff, and they told AM not to be concerned about the past too. Now that the season's underway, the reporters who cover KSU are obviously far more interested in asking AM questions about 2022, and the KSU fans don't care about anything other than what happens in 2022 as well.

IMO the fact KSU's OL coach Conor Riley is a really good OL coach is more important than Martinez not being coached by Frost and Verduzco. KSU's given up 16 sacks so far. In 2021, the Huskers had given up over 20 sacks by this point in the season, including 3 by Illinois, 5 by OU, and an absolutely brutal 7 sacks by Michigan State. The fact KSU's OL is the best OL Martinez has played behind can also be seen in Martinez's rushing stats. He's rushed 91 times for 546 yards and 9 TD's. He's averaging 6 YPC. He's going to easily surpass his career high of 629 rushing yards (4.5 YPC) from 2018. He'll also probably surpass the 13 rushing TDs he had in 2021.
I agree AM is a good kid and teammate. I am happy for him.

Totally disagree about the culture of turnovers during SF era. He was responsible for it.

It's no accident that AM has dramatically reduced turnovers this year. Klineman would not accept them, nor penalties nor lousy ST play.

SF did nothing to address these issues the first four years and the empirical evidence is in the stats. So yes he was an awful coach and Cigar Man is just incompetent

Other than WV, there isn’t a team in the Big 12 that Nebraska would be favored against. It’s a different league, alright. Outside of the top 4, the B1G is a joke. That was demonstrated in the first few games of the season.
I’ll take the BIG over the Big 12 any day

They wouldn’t be favored over WV. WV has some weapons. Love that RB of theirs. That’s a dude now.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back