• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Dylan Raiola

Status
Not open for further replies.

djlhuskerfan

Varsity
15 Year Member
Now with coach Frost gone, do we have a chance to flip him back from OSU? Would be tough but everything I read Frost being a no show when they were supposed to meet with whole family makes me wonder if he could be interested in us again

Could be, but he seemed to really want to play for UNL like his father from all the chatter. The previous head coach screwed that up. Right head coach + right NIL, you never know. He's also a 24 recruit, so a lot can change. Ohio State will always have the recruits @ QB, but if the right head coach is hired, he may come aboard with less competition and could have the "savior" mindset.

No

Dad said from the beginning once he chose his school he was done
Could an NIL deal he signed impact this as well? Wouldn’t probably be a big deal for a wealthy family to pay back but I have heard about this sort of thing being a potential problem going forward if the parent(s) signed off on the contract. No worry for a minor but parent(s) could potentially be on the hook to return any monies already paid out contingent on player attending a particular school. Any knowledge in this regard?

Could an NIL deal he signed impact this as well? Wouldn’t probably be a big deal for a wealthy family to pay back but I have heard about this sort of thing being a potential problem going forward if the parent(s) signed off on the contract. No worry for a minor but parent(s) could potentially be on the hook to return any monies already paid out contingent on player attending a particular school. Any knowledge in this regard?

Not being a lawyer or knowing the ins n out of the legal side of NIL I really do not know the answer

200w.webp

Truth told, players of his caliber don't end up at programs like NEB. We still haven't had a QB throw a pass in the league in 35 years, and we were coming off a 3-9 season. It would have been extremely difficult to pull him regardless of the "bad taste" factor.

That said, make the call and say hello. Let them know we realize mistakes were made and we aren't trying to flip, just saying hi. Mend fences with Dom. Dylan isn't going to sign with us, but QBs transfer all the time. Plus there is also a younger Raiola brother.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back