• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

If you were Trev

I think they already have their guy. It’s been too quiet and no action that anyone has mentioned.
I hope I’m right, if not MJ might be our only choice by the time all the open positions are filled.

I think they already have their guy. It’s been too quiet and no action that anyone has mentioned.
I hope I’m right, if not MJ might be our only choice by the time all the open positions are filled.
I don’t think this will happen, but if Mickey wins out sans Michigan, how do you not? Honestly one of the hardest things to do in my opinion would be to replace an interim that does a phenomenal job. If your next guy doesn’t do well, first thought is going to be that one shoulda stayed with who they had.

It’s a sliding scale. If you can get Urban Meyer, there’s nothing Mickey can do. If you start going further down the list Mickey’s bar gets a little lower. There are going to be a ton of jobs open, it’ll be interesting to see where everyone lands.

What would Mickey need to do to get the job?
It wouldn't be all about wins and losses, but they would be a significant part. He would also have to show he could manage a program, do the little things that contribute to a successful program. He would also have to have a clear, and thorough plan outlined for the future. He has an 8 week trial to make his case, probably not likely to happen, but he hasn't hurt his case so far. I have been impressed with his leadership so far.

Or, there isn’t much to do with two months left in the season and the process is just beginning.

The more I think about this, the job is already Mickey’s (not likely) or he has no chance. To me he would need to show what he can do this season, but by the time that project gets turned in, the other guy would likely be signed. If Trev is waiting until the end of the season is over, we are screwed.

Mickey would be a great story, I just don’t think that fairy tale is going to come true.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back