• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

All the trends we stopped.

Huskerthom

All Big 10
10 Year Member
Today we stopped the skid on a lot of trends
1. Beat an FBS team
2. Beat a P5 team
3. Beat a B1G team
4. Held an opponent to under 100 yds rushing
5. Held an opponent to under 300 total yards
6. Won a game close in the 4th.

Is there work to do...yes. I have confidence the new staff will improve the team week to week.

Also I need to say this. Whenever the crew that worked last night are the zebras. I know it is a bad night. There is an old saying that holdung could be called on every play in football. That crew heard that and thought it was a goal.

I spent the entire second half going through scenarios in my head of miserable ways we would lose the game. Even up two tds and just a few minutes left I’m sure the unthinkable is about to happen. It didn’t and that was a trend I was happy to see end.

I spent the entire second half going through scenarios in my head of miserable ways we would lose the game. Even up two tds and just a few minutes left I’m sure the unthinkable is about to happen. It didn’t and that was a trend I was happy to see end.

Given that Indiana scored twice in the last 5 minutes of the 2nd quarter, a W was still in serious doubt after we scored our last TD with 12:58 remaining in the game.

[Edit: 12:58 was the time on the clock at the start of the drive that took 6:05. Given past history, game was still in doubt with nearly seven minutes left.]

Last edited:

Today we stopped the skid on a lot of trends
1. Beat an FBS team
2. Beat a P5 team
3. Beat a B1G team
4. Held an opponent to under 100 yds rushing
5. Held an opponent to under 300 total yards
6. Won a game close in the 4th.

Is there work to do...yes. I have confidence the new staff will improve the team week to week.

Also I need to say this. Whenever the crew that worked last night are the zebras. I know it is a bad night. There is an old saying that holdung could be called on every play in football. That crew heard that and thought it was a goal.
I will say for as bad as it was, they called the penalties on both teams. But it sure did suck for game flow.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back