• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Adrian Martinez

I’m not sure if it’s extended victory laps or dealing with posters who are still in denial and still want to downplay SFs role at AMs expense.

At this point it’s pretty obvious that AM took way more blame then he ever should have. He’s earned some praise and posters still doing the “it was one game” and blaming the Tulane loss on him are the ones beating a dead horse. It just tells me they still want to make AM the scapegoat for SFs issues. Anyone defending those posters for that seem to be in denial themselves.
Yes because Frost caused AM to fumble how many times and throw how many interceptions? Some of these posts just don't make any sense. He let the Big Ten in turnovers. Okay I am done now LOL .

"Nebraska also lost 31-28 to Northwestern to begin the season in Dublin on Aug. 28. In the weeks leading up to that game, we were told by then Husker head coach Scott Frost that the game with Northwestern was going to be a "business trip" for Nebraska. It wasn't a bowl game. The Huskers were on a mission to win the game. The talk sounded good. We were led to believe the Huskers would come out smoking in that game and would show the other Wildcats a thing or two about the game of football.

That didn't go so well for the Huskers. It was another close loss. The Wildcats led in possession time (34:12 to 25:48), total offense (527 yards to 466) and rushing yardage (214-111).

With numbers like that, Northwestern is probably undefeated, right?
Nope.

The 'Cats are 1-3 for the season and have been clawed by Duke (23-31), Southern Illinois (24-31) and Miami of Ohio (14-17). Their only win of the season has been against the Huskers. How is that possible?

Coaching, or the lack thereof, for Nebraska is why.

Husker fans have been betrayed by a staff that simply can't coach. Such play has led to the firing of Scott Frost as the head coach. Also, interim head coach Mickey Joseph ended up firing defensive coordinator Erik Chinander.
Amen to both moves."
For all the trash Scott talked about the previous coaching staff, he sure did bring our program down as low as it’s ever been.

Northwestern is 1-3 and his lone win in the past 10 games is against North Dakota.

I think Frosty needs to find another line of work……

Last edited:
It was fun to see what Martinez could do when he had an OL.

He never had one at Nebraska. It was literally snap the ball ( hopefully in his vicinity ), and then run for your life.

It also was fun to watch what Martinez is capable of when he is not the only player on offense.

Yes because Frost caused AM to fumble how many times and throw how many interceptions? Some of these posts just don't make any sense. He let the Big Ten in turnovers. Okay I am done now LOL .
Yes.......the Scott Frost offense did cause the turnovers. Why is it after 4 games at Kansas State he has one turnover after being blindsided while in the pocket. The Scott Frost offense is causing turnovers with the new quarterback too. Way too many times the lack of protection caused rushed throws and put the quarterback into way too many scrambling modes. The receivers were culprits in some of the interceptions by not finishing routes and not fighting for the ball when it was in the air. All issues that aren't happening at a K-State coached team and were still happening through three games of SF without AM. Some of these posts just don't make sense when they can't connect the consequences with the problem.

AM had his issues, defense had issues, ST had issues, o-line had issues and as HC Frost owned all the issues. Is that ok to say here? Seems we like to be simple thinkers where only one person can have any of the blame.

AM had his issues, defense had issues, ST had issues, o-line had issues and as HC Frost owned all the issues. Is that ok to say here? Seems we like to be simple thinkers where only one person can have any of the blame.

We’re in agreement.

Based on the win/loss record, it should be easy for any of us to convince another that this wasn’t a ‘One or the other’ situation.

I’d prefer we said quarterbacks had issues. We don’t single out any other individual players and our backup quarterbacks had big issues too

I’d prefer we said quarterbacks had issues. We don’t single out any other individual players and our backup quarterbacks had big issues too
They sure did. The other guys played the same- some good combined with untimely mistakes. They just didn't have the reps or upside he had.

I'm interested to watch AM the rest of the way. He looked pedestrian against Tulane and great against OU. Did it take time for him and the offense to get on the same page a bit, or was this one of the ups in ups and downs? Will be fun to watch.

He played well enough to win many times at NU but was sabotaged by the defense, o-line, and ST (and some of his own turnovers). He never should have been in a position to have to come back at MSU last year, as one example. But...once you are in that position, regardless of how you got there, at some point you gotta pull your team through.

He's in such a better situation at KSU (I loathe saying that) and I think he will have a very good rest of the year. Not ready to crown them Big XII champs, but they'll be a tough out for everyone. I'm envious that they're basically what we should have looked like, only better.

eh, lets be honest about AM, hes in a league where Defense is suspect. its not the same as the B1G. im happy hes having success there, but its not like hes a completely different player.

eh, lets be honest about AM, hes in a league where Defense is suspect. its not the same as the B1G. im happy hes having success there, but its not like hes a completely different player.
Sorry... but if we would have given him even a SEMBLANCE of a running back game and stopped trying to go for the kill shot...We would have won a ton more games.

We shall see at the end of the year. Who did they lose to again this year?
Tulane. Who just beat U of Houston. Houston isn’t that bad. So Tulane is clearly out of their very downtrodden recent past. BTW, the first time I ever heard of Tulane was in 1969 or 1970. They beat a very solid Big 8 team in a bowl (and that was when antbowl game was an honor).

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back