• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

New (and smaller) stadium for Northwestern

JHudson

Administrator
Staff member
20 Year Member
$800 million, 12,000 fewer seats

fan-image-1.png

Their stadium was already fairly small compared to most P5 stadiums. I lived kitty corner to the stadium for a few years and I went to few games (including when they beat tOSU 15 or so years ago). Their basketball arena is right there also and there was a couple of times I would be flipping through the channels on TV, see the was about to start, walk over grab a free/cheap ticket, and watch the game.

35,000. Lots of options for them to play elsewhere during the tear down and rebuild. Nice to have an alumnus contribute $800M to achieve it.
You wonder if attendance and the requisite income will become less of the revenue pie with TV/Streaming becoming a greater part of the puzzle.

Plus 35,000 seats at $200/per may end up being more valuable than 80,000 seats at $50/per.

35,000. Lots of options for them to play elsewhere during the tear down and rebuild. Nice to have an alumnus contribute $800M to achieve it.
If we hadn’t pissed off Buffett when Solich was fired we would have a domed stadium.
He, Solich, and Osborne had the site picked out but Solich screwed up and won 9 games.

I get that people aren't going to games as much as they used to, but this seems terribly small for a team in one of the two best conferences in the country.

A quick glance shows that only Washington State and Wake Forest will have less capacity among P5 schools.

Yikes.

I get that people aren't going to games as much as they used to, but this seems terribly small for a team in one of the two best conferences in the country.

A quick glance shows that only Washington State and Wake Forest will have less capacity among P5 schools.

Yikes.
Northwestern is a smaller school in a pro market
I notice the drawings look similar to Dublin

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back