• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Adrian Martinez

"Not only did Martinez throw for a season-high 234 yards and a touchdown; not only did he rush for a season-high 148 yards and four touchdowns; he did something he has never been known for throughout his college career. He made one clutch play after the next and helped his team pull off a huge upset that few saw coming.

This was the type of result he left Nebraska for
. This was the type of moment he transferred to K-State to experience.

“Beating a team like this and being on a team like this is a special feeling, one I’ve never had in my career,” Martinez said afterward. “So I’m just really trying to be thankful for it all and thankful that the guys believe in me to get it done.”

Okay, I’m done for the night
You guys crack me up! Last week Adrian was getting booed every play when they lost to Tulsa and now because of one game he is the great Saviour of the world. Kansas State has beaten Oklahoma like four times in recent history. Including two years ago in Oklahoma. I love Adrian but going back to prove people wrong in their posts seems a little arrogant.

You guys crack me up! Last week Adrian was getting booed every play when they lost to Tulsa and now because of one game he is the great Saviour of the world. Kansas State has beaten Oklahoma like four times in recent history. Including two years ago in Oklahoma. I love Adrian but going back to prove people wrong in their posts seems a little arrogant.
I watched every second of the KSU vs.Tulane game last week because I had it in a teaser bet. The fans booed the entire team, not AM. The point is people thought AM was the problem. Turns out, we just fired the problem.

I have supported Martinez throughout, but using this win as some sort of argument against Frost is... weird.

Let's not forget that he just led KSU to a loss against Tulane last week in a game the Wildcats managed to score only 10 points. Was that Frost's fault, too?

It's fair to criticize AM for the loss to Tulane and give praise for how he played against OU.

It's kind of like his career at NU, minus the 'Big Win'.

It's fair to criticize AM for the loss to Tulane and give praise for how he played against OU.

It's kind of like his career at NU, minus the 'Big Win'.
It's certainly fair to criticize and praise from week to week, but it seems kind of silly to relate this to Frost.

I suppose it's another example of how people think a quarterback is the end all, be all of a football team.

It was fun to watch the other night. We knew the four years that he was here that when it was right, he could do a lot of special things. I think while he was at Nebraska, he had some games where he played near the level he did this week, but it didn't result in wins. Happy for him to finally pick up a big W!

I said a the end of last year that he needed the reset, just as much as we did. I'm glad he is getting this opportunity to prove himself.

It's possible that more than one problem existed... and may continue to exist.
I agree @huskrthill! It is easy to look at that one game and try and make that conclusion, but I don't think that is entirely fair. There were certainly a lot of issues with Frost as coach (many of those things now coming out publicly). It doesn't take away the mistakes AM had at Nebraska. He certainly played well enough to win us more games than we won, but he also had some games where his performance was one of the main reasons we struggled.

At the end of the day, you can tie that back to coaching, as well. I think KSU did a good job this week of not asking AM to do too much. They left him in situations where he could be successful doing the things he does well. The thing that was missing between KSU Adrian and NU Adrian was the heartbreaking mistake. There was no fumble or interception, or 15 yard sack that took them out of field goal range.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back