• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Trev Alberts "I have not yet read anything that I would say is accurate.”

Maybe it will happen sooner, but I think TA really is giving MJ a shot at the job and so doesn't want to get too far ahead of the calendar so MJ can log a few games as HC. I would think he will give him four or five games at a minimum before he decides whether or not he's the guy.

If so, he cannot get too far along too quickly in conversations with agents of the two or three he settles on as top level candidates.

Maybe it will happen sooner, but I think TA really is giving MJ a shot at the job and so doesn't want to get too far ahead of the calendar so MJ can log a few games as HC. I would think he will give him four or five games at a minimum before he decides whether or not he's the guy.

If so, he cannot get too far along too quickly in conversations with agents of the two or three he settles on as top level candidates.
Trev has to move forward with hiring as if he needs someone tomorrow. You can't make these things happen overnight. There is no more wait and see---we did that through 3 games. He may not be meeting with active coaches but he isn't waiting until week 8 to see what he is going to do.

Trev has to move forward with hiring as if he needs someone tomorrow. You can't make these things happen overnight. There is no more wait and see---we did that through 3 games. He may not be meeting with active coaches but he isn't waiting until week 8 to see what he is going to do.
I think he has 30 days. By that time he's going to have to get serious if he wants to make an announcement anywhere near early signing day.

My guess is Urban gets a 5 year 60 million deal. Do we want to win games? What a novel idea.Do we care about baggage? No

Welcome aboard Urban, can I carry your bags ?
Reminds me of an old adage, a fool and his money are soon parted.

I hope we can get a coach whose goal is to turn around an ailing program and not a coach that says, if you’re going to give me that kind of money, I’d be a fool not to take advantage of you.

I’m sure he’s creating a pool of candidates, gauging interest. But suggesting he is not going to wait and consider what MJ does would be assuming he was lying. He doesn’t need someone before the end of the season and won’t likely have one.

Reminds me of an old adage, a fool and his money are soon parted.

I hope we can get a coach whose goal is to turn around an ailing program and not a coach that says, if you’re going to give me that kind of money, I’d be a fool not to take advantage of you.
Sounds like the last two coaches we hired, pal. You know what they say money talks and bs walks!

Yep.

There's no way Trev would say "the media is onto us."

There's zero chance that Trev doesn't have at least a name or two on his list that's been floated somewhere online.
If it’s a coach outside those mentioned Trev, it’s been nice knowing you, pal.

Simply because he is a proven winner,pal.
Coaches are like stocks. Past performance is not necessarily indicative of future performance.

If Urban came to Nebraska and said it is his life’s goal to turn NE around and to redeem himself for past behaviors, I would be willing to match what we gave Frost.

I’m a little uncomfortable luring a guy who isn’t otherwise wanting to be here in the hopes he will put 100% effort in.

Simply because he is a proven winner,pal.
Coaches are like stocks. Past performance is not necessarily indicative of future performance.

If Urban came to Nebraska and said it is his life’s goal to turn NE around and to redeem himself for past behaviors, I would be willing to match what we gave Frost.

I’m a little uncomfortable luring a guy who isn’t otherwise wanting to be here in the hopes he will put 100% effort into the program.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back