• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Who would you be 'happy' with?

Which of these coaches would you be happy with (check all that apply)

• Total voters
wen't 12-2 at Baylor last year and had great defenses at Wisconsin (9th, 9th & 2nd nationally) and LSU (5th, 12th, 30th, 32nd)

He led Baylor their best season ever (finishing 5th in the AP poll) beating a top-10 Ole-miss team in the sugar bowl

had a rough first season in the w/l column at baylor, but if you look at the game log, they were super competitive. when it was over he replaced his bum of an OC and finished top-5 the next year

there is extremely little not to love about Dave Aranda
Thanks to this post I just put another Dave Aranda poster up in my room

I am almost at the point that I would be OK with weekend furloughs for Thunder Collins to coach the running backs if I thought it would help. Almost.
Thunder would work great with Urban because he famously said after his conviction "I ain't no snitch"
and that is exactly the kind of people you are going to need around you when your Friday nights at the bar look like this:

9FFCD673-3810-4161-96E9-EA054A296F48-scaled.jpeg

Lou Holtz was 3-12 in the NFL and Nick Saban was 15-17. Both top 10 college coaches all time. Steve Spurrier was no better.
I say "it's about more than the W/L record for me..." and you come back with more W/L records to prove your point - so glad we could chat like this

culture and character - build without them and you're a house of cards
Well every Urban Meyer coached college team has had wonderful cultures. Tom Osborne had players arrested left and right but no one batted an eye. Character may not be the greatest but boy oh boy can he develop a culture and a winning mentality

out of these names - which ones would you say "I'm happy with that" when the announcement is made

I was limited to 10 - tried to put the consensus top candidates in there, but couldn't fit Klienmen, Peterson, Clawson, Doereen, Bieniemy, Rhule, Kiffin.
I’ve gotten several hires wrong so I don’t think Trev should consult me. :Lol:
I’m in the wait and see on anyone we hire.
I’ll root for the next guy whoever it is. I won’t be disappointed if “my guy” isn’t hired just like I won’t be ecstatic if “my guy” is hired. It took me 20 years of failure and humility to arrive at this place.

Thunder would work great with Urban because he famously said after his conviction "I ain't no snitch"
and that is exactly the kind of people you are going to need around you when your Friday nights at the bar look like this:

9FFCD673-3810-4161-96E9-EA054A296F48-scaled.jpeg
i had completely forgotten that Urban's bar girl's name is "Cayman Nebraska" now that is crazy:eek:

GET TICKETS

Back