• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Mickey's tryout. How many wins does he need?

Ringo

Red Shirt
5 Year Member
What does Mickey need to do to get serious consideration? How many wins does he need?
I am not going to hold OU against Mickey. He had 5 days to get the team prepared for the number 6 team in the country. What happened is pretty easy to understand.

So IMO, this is an 8 game tryout, starting next week.
He has 3 weeks to get these guys ready for Indiana, at Home.
If he wants this job, that needs to be a W.
In fact of the next four games: Indiana, at Rutgers, at Purdue and Illinois. I think he needs to win 3 of those 4.

Then the tough stretch comes. Does he have the team cranked up and playing with confidence when the Gophers come to town?

Minnesota, at Michigan, Wisconsin and at Iowa.

I think he needs to at least split these four. Sounds like a miracle at this point, doesn't it.

Good luck MJ!

Go 5-3 in these 8 games and I think you have to consider him as a serious candidate. I am not saying he gets the job, but Trev would have to think about it.

10 is minimum for him. Unproven. Less than one season of HC experience. They stacked the deck against him already. He is doing the right thing by busting his butt. He wants to be HC someday. But this won't be it. Unless they hire someone that takes him under their wing. This is make it or break it right now.

I think this is likely true unless Trev can't get his top two or three guys to come on board.
No doubt about that. Mickey’s competition is very relevant to the discussion. I doubt Trev or boosters are in a mood to throw the dice if they can get an experienced proven HC.

I hope, if it goes that way, that MJ stays on staff and is mentored. he has impressed so far and seems to only lack the experience.

What does Mickey need to do to get serious consideration? How many wins does he need?
I am not going to hold OU against Mickey. He had 5 days to get the team prepared for the number 6 team in the country. What happened is pretty easy to understand.

So IMO, this is an 8 game tryout, starting next week.
He has 3 weeks to get these guys ready for Indiana, at Home.
If he wants this job, that needs to be a W.
In fact of the next four games: Indiana, at Rutgers, at Purdue and Illinois. I think he needs to win 3 of those 4.

Then the tough stretch comes. Does he have the team cranked up and playing with confidence when the Gophers come to town?

Minnesota, at Michigan, Wisconsin and at Iowa.

I think he needs to at least split these four. Sounds like a miracle at this point, doesn't it.

Good luck MJ!

Go 5-3 in these 8 games and I think you have to consider him as a serious candidate. I am not saying he gets the job, but Trev would have to think about it.
If he can win five more games this season make him governor.Jmo.Keep the faith.GBR.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back