• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Give Mickey Joseph 1.5 years

This is no time to be taking chances on a very inexperienced coach. Trev needs to get this right the first time. And he needs somebody with a proven track record or we do it all over again in 2 years
Yep. not that it matters it ain’t happening. There is a strong reason Trev is looking nationally.

I like how you are feeling about this
And MJ, himself, said ya don't make decisions with your feelings (emotions). :) And Trev won't do that. I get the risk, but am gonna drink my new-found, non-flavored, zero calorie Kool-Aid while we go thru these 8 games and hope that long shot comes in. When my glass is empty I'll accept the results and go from there.

Keep in mind you are on a thread that is asking us to support giving him a full year more based on a blow out loss to OU , a 0–1 record and a strong performance on the podium. There is no doubt the situation is such that he is being given a chance. But I doubt fans…and hopefully Trev aren’t awaiting this season’s results to measure who offers the best leadership going forward.
If he's going to win, he's going to have to start quickly anyway, in time for Trev to consider him in making a comparison. Trev himself said Mickey's performance could put him in the conversation.

Given the schedule, if Mickey's going to win 5 or 6, he's going to have to start now. This is so unlikely it's almost not worth talking about, but if we win 4 of the next 4 or maybe even just 3 of the next 4, it's really going to force Trev's hand.

If we win the next 4 and then 2 of the last 4, there won't be viable argument not to keep him.

Last edited:

If he's going to win, he's going to have to start quickly anyway, in time for Trev to consider him in making a comparison. Trev himself said Mickey's performance could put him in the conversation.

Given the schedule, if Mickey's going to win 5 or 6, he's going to have to start now. This is so unlikely it's almost not worth talking about, but if we win 4 of the next 4 or maybe even just 3 of the next 4, it's really going to force Trev's hand.

If we win the next 4 and then 2 of the last 4, there won't be viable argument not to keep him.
It would be insufficient HC experience. And as a fan of Mickey, I can understand. It would be a remarkable run. But the sample size may be deemed lacking.

Now, 8 outa 8.....

I get that. However that isn’t what the op is proposing. He is proposing giving him another year right now. What has he done to deserve another year. He’s only head coach as a matter of the circumstances.

Based on the things I've heard he does. That being said, those things can change. Also probably depends on who is left.
I’d be careful what you hear from media or the fans serving koolaid. I’m just trying to be a realist. It’s not like we haven’t been down this road over expectations.

I’d be careful what you hear from media or the fans serving koolaid. I’m just trying to be a realist. It’s not like we haven’t been down this road over expectations.
So, ya have inside info pointing to probs with Mickey that we don't know? Not asking for details.

So, ya have inside info pointing to probs with Mickey that we don't know? Not asking for details.
No none. I’m just saying right now I’m not seeing anything and yet everyone is saying how great things are. Sounds like the last 4 1/2 years. Why wouldn’t I suggest waiting.

I get that. However that isn’t what the op is proposing. He is proposing giving him another year right now. What has he done to deserve another year. He’s only head coach as a matter of the circumstances.
Oh yeah, I absolutely agree with you on that. That's a complete non-starter imo. I just kind of responded to the general question of what he would realistically have to do.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back