• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Any word from Matt Davison?

He needs to be gone. I am confident Trev knows and is aware of his track record. The issue is that he was also a valuable fund raiser with about half the money boosters, This was another divide. I think it is swinging towards the clean house side as it needs to be. IMHO

@wcbsas one of these is true, which one is it..

A) Trev can't be trusted as the AD and should be fired because he is showing favoritism..
B) Maybe Matt's role is not defined exactly like you believe it is.

Which one is it? There is no C and D. If Trev is playing favoritisms, then that indeed means he can't be trusted to evaluate this program, and as such should be let go.
I’m not sure how you got there … I think TA might be the best AD we’ve had certainly since Bill Byrne.

The job descriptions are available online if you wish to look them up.

AND … there is a

C) Maybe, just maybe, Matt Davidson truly is/was part of the problem.

He needs to be gone. I am confident Trev knows and is aware of his track record. The issue is that he was also a valuable fund raiser with about half the money boosters, This was another divide. I think it is swinging towards the clean house side as it needs to be. IMHO
Right there would explain what he was doing. If things have changed, then he won’t be doing that any more, I’m guessing.

I probably don’t feel as strongly as FLAS does about this, but since this is a thread about MD, I’ll add this: I do feel like MD‘s contributions to the University should be under examination by TA (as should anybody’s who is currently working in the AD that had a hand in making sure the public didn’t get an accurate impression of how things were going in the football program). Some here defend him vigorously. If it’s because he’s a former Cornhusker, then that just doesn’t wash. If it’s because his (new) position is bringing value to the program, then so be it. But if someone collects a salary from the State of Nebraska, they better damn well be qualified for the job (The radio gig is separate from the University, no?). Catching a fluke pass in a football game is quite rightly the stuff of sports legend and makes you a local celebrity, but I doubt that’s a qualification for his position. Again, this is NOT an attack on MD personally, but a plea to ensure that the Nebraska football program is staffed with qualified professionals and not the playground of friends of the (former) HC - and that applies to everyone, not just MD. I’m sure TA is looking at all the angles in HIS department and will act accordingly…
Evals should be timely and consistent. The vast majority of MDs time was under Moos at some point he was promoted. If he wasnt doing his job yet promoted, then many above MD is failing, period.

I’m not sure how you got there … I think TA might be the best AD we’ve had certainly since Bill Byrne.

The job descriptions are available online if you wish to look them up.

AND … there is a

C) Maybe, just maybe, Matt Davidson truly is/was part of the problem.

and there you have it..... maybe, just maybe, Matt is part of the problem, so don't let the opportunity get by you to throw stones.

I don’t think we need to be in the clean the house mode yet. Let’s see who the new coach is. It’s possible neither him or Matt like working with each other or the new coach likes someone with experience navigating him through the little things.

I could be wrong, but wasn’t MD part of the deal that Scott agreed to in order to come to Nebraska? For some reason that sticks out in my mind.
Could be. I dunno. Matt was definitely instrumental in luring Scott back to Nebraska, which was desired by virtually everybody at the time

and there you have it..... maybe, just maybe, Matt is part of the problem, so don't let the opportunity get by you to throw stones.
Matt's qualifications for an Associate Athletic Director position was being a former player who sold medical supplies!

If A=B and B=C then more likely than not A=C

Matt was responsible for amongst other things SF's schedule and essentially was SF's executive administrator.
SF had trouble making meetings, being on-time for meetings and being a good administrator.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back