• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Any word from Matt Davison?

Matt Davidson is symptomatic of the issues with SF … friend/buddy who lobbied for SF and capitalized on his hiring.

If SF was disorganized, and if SF was missing meetings, and if SF needed help organizing his schedule … then MD failed … he was essentially SFs executive assistant responsible for the administrative duties.

He was the gatekeeper, he is the guy to make sure THE guy‘s time is appropriately managed and organized.

Honestly I think Matt needs to hope Trev Alberts likes him.
I give give a rat if trev likes him. Matt best hope he's doing good at what he was hired for, and that it's aiding the university
Being bad at your job doesn't make you a witch Uncle Buck.
I haven't seen any proof that Matt Davison is bad at his job. Thus my mocking witch accusation
It just means you are bad at your job.
You gotta problem discerning the two.
How so? Do you have proof Matt is bad at his job?
Did Matt Davison do his job?
Serious question.
His original job was to get Scott to Nebraska. He nailed it.
His current job? Radio. I don't listen. The rest? I dunno. Do you?

And the search for the perfect boogeyman continues
I don’t see it as identifying ‘boogeymen.’ This should be about restoring the value - and VALUES - of The University of Nebraska football team. If it means taking a hard look at long-time business practices that aren’t working, then improve or discontinue them. A good start would be hiring truly qualified individuals over connected ones…

Matt Davidson is symptomatic of the issues with SF … friend/buddy who lobbied for SF and capitalized on his hiring.

If SF was disorganized, and if SF was missing meetings, and if SF needed help organizing his schedule … then MD failed … he was essentially SFs executive assistant responsible for the administrative duties.

He was the gatekeeper, he is the guy to make sure THE guy‘s time is appropriately managed and organized.
If that was part of Matt's job, he failed spectacularly

I don’t see it as identifying ‘boogeymen.’ This should be about restoring the value - and VALUES - of The University of Nebraska football team. If it means taking a hard look at long-time business practices that aren’t working, then improve or discontinue them. A good start would be hiring truly qualified individuals over connected ones…
Completely disagree.
Show me where TA has not evaluated such things?
Because the first thing needs to be evaluation

Last edited:

I give give a rat if trev likes him. Matt best hope he's doing good at what he was hired for, and that it's aiding the university

I haven't seen any proof that Matt Davison is bad at his job. Thus my mocking witch accusation

The state of the program is my proof of displeasure.

The state of the program is my proof.
I didn't ask Matt Davison to proclaim all would be right with Husker Football. That was his proclamation.
Radio, I do listen while hanging my head after another Husker loss to Iowa.

Sorry you didn't hear his broadcast, you might have felt differently.
I stated an opinion, you disagree but you fascination with witches is interesting.

If that was part of Matt's job, he failed spectacularly
Associate Athletic Director for Football will coordinate on-campus recruiting visits with recruiting coordinator. His football administrative duties include working hand in hand with head coach and Athletic Director on football operations. He will coordinate the travel, budget and staffing for football; oversee compliance, strength training, equipment and academic support units regarding football issues; and supervise the football support staffs. position will serve as a member of Head Football Coach and AD’s Executive Team and will assist with the strategic planning and design of the new Athletic Complex.

I think everyone at this point has dispensed with the notion that being a former player is a qualification in and of itself. Even more broadly, Nebraska ties are vastly overrated.

We've been burned twice now. Steve Pederson was on Tom's recruiting staff in the glory days and supposedly well versed in the Nebraska Way™.

"Not gravitating toward mediocrity," "restoring the order" and "marrying Nebraska physicality with Oregon speed" are not plans. They are marketing slogans. And that's all Nebraska has been for the better part of 20 years - a $100 million marketing operation advertising the '90s. All hat, no cattle.

Next man up needs to be an organizational leadership ninja with a freaking plan for building a program that is so detailed it makes even Trev's eyes glaze over.

So what if he did?
Frost turned out to be a bust, but in 2017 he was on everyones hot list, and seemed like the perfect "get" for Nebraska. Why shouldn't the AD do whatever he can to reel him in?
I am old enough to remember how hot and bothered everyone was over Frost. Not only did we have to do all we could to get him home but we had to lock him down so he wouldn't be poached by another program in the future. He was the guy. He was our guy. He was the golden child coming home to bring the glory back to the kingdom and vanquish all of our foes.

Hey, I was on that bandwagon, just like most everyone else here on HM. I do remember that. I also remember Frost at UCF and how he operated in Orlando and Lincoln seem to be very different. We might want to take a think about how we have turned Lincoln into a place where coaches come to kill their HC careers.

:Eek: Where did Matt Davison find a car that can drive across an ocean?

Photo evidence has emerged.

Lotus.jpg

I do think it’s interesting that he got moved to another internal job within the department … did he jump ship? Did TA reassign? The current incumbent is starting on his second season … could the job change coincide with TA’s arrival?

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back