• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Top 3 coaches leading in NU search 9/20/22

I don't know that I'm sold on O'Brien, but the other two are very good coaches. LL's record is frankly outstanding.

Putting Urb to the side, who else do you think we should be looking at?

I don't think O'Brien is the answer.

Unless it's Conan. I fully support us hiring Conan.

conan-o-brien.gif

I don't know that I'm sold on O'Brien, but the other two are very good coaches. LL's record is frankly outstanding.

Putting Urb to the side, who else do you think we should be looking at?
I’m on the bill O’Brien train. The other two are a tier down from him but acceptable. I think when you look at his resume and then you tack on what he brings from Sabin I think it’s pretty impressive. He can literally mimic the Alabama program.

I’m on the bill O’Brien train. The other two are a tier down from him but acceptable. I think when you look at his resume and then you tack on what he brings from Sabin I think it’s pretty impressive. He can literally mimic the Alabama program.
He hasn't stayed anywhere for more than 5 years. I'm not looking for TO type commitment, but I really do think he wants to be in the NFL. He'd be here 2 or 3 years tops.

He was at GT and MD for minutes, ND for a year or 2, and then PSU for CFB experience. He did well at PSU given the circumstances but he doesn't have much CFB experience IMO.

I like this idea. It's what Dabo did at Clemson.

None of the 3 excite me much, but I'm hardly the pulse of the fan base. The thing that concerns me about either Campbell or Leipold is what there ceiling might be. Think Bo Pelini. He righted the ship after BC was shown the door but he had a poor record against highly ranked teams. Maybe Campbell or Leipold could take that next step, maybe not (same for all coaches I guess). Not sure if O'Brien wants to back in the NFL or not, but if he came here and was offered a NFL HC job again it would probably mean our team was doing pretty good. At least we wouldn't have to pay him millions if he left on his own accord.

None of the 3 excite me much, but I'm hardly the pulse of the fan base. The thing that concerns me about either Campbell or Leipold is what there ceiling might be. Think Bo Pelini. He righted the ship after BC was shown the door but he had a poor record against highly ranked teams. Maybe Campbell or Leipold could take that next step, maybe not (same for all coaches I guess). Not sure if O'Brien wants to back in the NFL or not, but if he came here and was offered a NFL HC job again it would probably mean our team was doing pretty good. At least we wouldn't have to pay him millions if he left on his own accord.
i don’t think we need to be worried too much about ceilings right now. let’s just let a guy build a solid floor, then go from there

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back