• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Why Has the Media not Responded?

Husker Robbie

Stumblin and Bumblin My Way Through Life
5 Year Member
Why has the media not responded to their lack of reporting on the football program?

Where is Sean Callahan?
Where is Steve Sipple?
Where is Sam Mckewon?
Where is Robin Washut?
Where is Mitch Sherman?

Severe came clean although after the coaching change.

Why are these guys not explaining to us what they knew and did not report? At least Damon Benning made an attempt to clarify his wink wink read between the lines because we can't handle the truth comments. Agree with the answer or not, at least he tried.

This mess will not be cleaned up until everyone comes clean and then reports the truth going forward. Not the TMZ kind of stuff. The real coaching problems like not showing up and not respecting recruits.

What's going on in the basketball program we don't know about?

Probably because they all get paychecks from someone and they’re scared it will go away. So, in turn, they do the job on a one way street routine. When you do a job that way, the result is usually very poor, and most certainly, not accurate. How one ever signs their name to something so inaccurate, I’ll never know. At the end of the day, all you have is your character, and 95% of peoples character is for sale. Truly sad.

They've mostly been saying things like "if you were really paying attention to what we had been saying, it should have been clear" and lamenting "Oh, now I guess we need to report every single rumor--is that what the fans really want?"

No, I don't want every rumor trotted out publicly . . . but seems like more than a few of these things coming out were rather heavily corroborated. So, yes, I do think the media should report on those or follow-through on them. They want to play both sides. Really, I think a ton of it is wanting to protect their "access".

Why has the media not responded to their lack of reporting on the football program?

Where is Sean Callahan?
Where is Steve Sipple?
Where is Sam Mckewon?
Where is Robin Washut?
Where is Mitch Sherman?

Why are these guys not explaining to us what they knew and did not report? At least Damon Benning made an attempt to clarify his wink wink read between the lines because we can't handle the truth comments. Agree with the answer or not, at least he tried.

This mess will not be cleaned up until everyone comes clean and then reports the truth going forward. Not the TMZ kind of stuff. The real coaching problems like not showing up and not respecting recruits.

tenor.gif

Where is Sean Callahan?
Where is Steve Sipple?
Where is Sam Mckewon?
Where is Robin Washut?
Where is Mitch Sherman?

Sports journalism is access journalism.

Woodward and Bernstein were investigative journalists.

Hard to expect the latter from the former.

What would you like for them to say? This fan base protected him in spite of losing at a record clip... what good would it do for them to out his shenanigans to the wider public while also ostracizing them from a tightknit organization?

They've mostly been saying things like "if you were really paying attention to what we had been saying, it should have been clear" and lamenting "Oh, now I guess we need to report every single rumor--is that what the fans really want?"

No, I don't want every rumor trotted out publicly . . . but seems like more than a few of these things coming out were rather heavily corroborated. So, yes, I do think the media should report on those or follow-through on them. They want to play both sides. Really, I think a ton of it is wanting to protect their "access".
Access to what? Access to inaccurate reporting? I’d say, bye, and report what is the truth. If not, what’s the point of a reporter? To get clicks and make money thru inaccuracies? Yeah, that’s real honorable. I’ve never worked a job in my life that I didn’t want to dominate in, and do it in honorable fashion.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back