• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Feldman on Frost and the massive disorganization

There is a team that just got to the college football playoff that does not have more talent on paper. I am not saying we are Alabama but from listening to Steve Taylor and others talk about how bad Frost was, I am in the camp to give it time. I love MJ but I don't expect him to have much success this year. He could be the greatest coach on Earth and he is going to have to work hard to get 2 wins.
two?

Two of the talking heads played for TO. Sounds like Osborne looked the other way or was at least tolerant of a lot of the personal things that Scott was engaged in.
Maybe he gave some leeway for boys sowing oats. He also had that degree in child? psychology that seemed to serve him well as a fit to his personality. He probably has his regrets too.

This is off topic but remember when Wistrom showed up to receive an award with a black eye? It was the same season TO was getting slammed about LP. It didn't look good at all... THEN it came out that he took the black eye cuz he didn't reciprocate in the brawlish moment! He did that cuz the players had agreed between themselves to not cause more slings and arrows for their coach. That's how much they respected/loved their coach.

Was a most impressive moment. :thumbsup:

Tackling, it'd better get better.
Coaches who want to go out with their heads up, no excuses, players that dont want to shine we'll never know,they likely wont be playing much.
Not dreaming, two weeks, they can relearn, but it has to be taught in practice.
Missing 5 straight bowl games and all the extra practices is really starting to show I believe.

Maybe he gave some leeway for boys sowing oats. He also had that degree in child? psychology that seemed to serve him well as a fit to his personality. He probably has his regrets too.

This is off topic but remember when Wistrom showed up to receive an award with a black eye? It was the same season TO was getting slammed about LP. It didn't look good at all... THEN it came out that he took the black eye cuz he didn't reciprocate in the brawlish moment! He did that cuz the players had agreed between themselves to not cause more slings and arrows for their coach. That's how much they respected/loved their coach.

Was a most impressive moment. :thumbsup:
Just to clarify, these guys were referring to assistant coaches behavior not the players.

Missing 5 straight bowl games and all the extra practices is really starting to show I believe.
And 2 weeks makes all the difference. And it will IF they're good practices.
I posted earlier I see too much trucking if our players even with a tackle.
Case in point, Yant went down easier than GS' backs did.
Another,after the game, GS players were quoted as saying they were as athletic as we were.
Reality? Their coach knew what to expect, the way our players havent been coached allowed all the difference, not the players themselves.

Good on GS and their players for thinking that, but they wont want to play us under new coaching.

Our offence got theirs for the most part in the GS game and I wont compare a well coached extremely athletic Okie team to us given the circumstances, but 2 games ago?

Exactly. If Frost was permitted to leave quietly with $15 million and the fans thinking he gave it his all and couldn't right the ship, the narrative would be "if Scott Frost can't do it, nobody can!"

Now it's clear Frost wasn't even really trying to right the ship. It's like Captain Ahab decided the White Wale wasn't worth his time, docked the Pequod in Nantucket, and spent his days boozing with his closest crew members at the Two Headed Dog.
This is it right here. We can't let the narrative be that we're a lost cause. If Frost had issues with his handling of the team and his coaching and dedication we have to let the truth come out.

Kansas has beaten West Virginia and Houston this year in year TWO under Leipold. We certainly couldn't have under Frost in year five.

Inexcusable and frankly astounding.

Last edited:

I bet their practices are a bloodbath.
Nebraska back when had notoriously brutal practices. You weed out the guys who don't want to try. You let the players themselves then identify and purge or push up the guys who are primadonnas. I don't understand how Frost forgot this. Just because no tackle practices work in the NFL doesn't mean they work in college. The guys in the NFL are already the best. They've paid their dues. Not so here right now.

Nebraska back when had notoriously brutal practices. You weed out the guys who don't want to try. You let the players themselves then identify and purge or push up the guys who are primadonnas. I don't understand how Frost forgot this. Just because no tackle practices work in the NFL doesn't mean they work in college. The guys in the NFL are already the best. They've paid their dues. Not so here right now.

I'm old enough to remember when Nebraska had a better OL than the Vikings or Jets.

Tackling, it'd better get better.
Coaches who want to go out with their heads up, no excuses, players that dont want to shine we'll never know,they likely wont be playing much.
Not dreaming, two weeks, they can relearn, but it has to be taught in practice.
If it's really just culture, I agree two weeks could be enough. I think it's culture and years of poor system/accountability. That's more than two weeks. I was a big believer that Frost would get it done here but when I heard culture being a problem in year two (and beyond), I began to have doubts.

If MJ's the man and Busch is decent, we'll see a lot of improvement by the end of the season, I just don't expect too many more wins.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back