• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Feldman on Frost and the massive disorganization

It's to a point it's like there needs to be some serious oversight, and checks and balances of the program going forward. Clearly, Moos, and TA gave SF too long a leash and not only did he hang himself but has pretty much taken the whole program down with him. Every AD wants to give the HC latitude but we keep getting burned. What a mess.

Last edited:

Just look at the games, besides the missed tackles,look at the surge and the trucking our opponents get on us.
Even when in position, their leverage is wrong.

This whole saga is just incredible. I don't think anyone would have been shocked if Frost had come in and won 7ish games for 10 years before finally losing the faith and confidence of the magic '90s fairy dust club.

But for the home-grown hero, forged from the rib of Tom Osborne, to not just fail but seemingly be uninterested in doing even the bare minimum to be successful, is the most astonishing outcome in modern program history.

It's too a point it's like there needs to be some serious oversight, and checks and balances of the program going forward. Clearly, Moos, and TA gave SF too long a leash and not only did he hang himself but has pretty much taken the whole program down with him. Every AD wants to give the HC latitude but we keep getting burned. What a mess.
Complaining wont fix it, but quick fixes can happen, our guys have gone pro, they relearned quickly.
Two weeks is plenty

It's to a point it's like there needs to be some serious oversight, and checks and balances of the program going forward. Clearly, Moos, and TA gave SF too long a leash and not only did he hang himself but has pretty much taken the whole program down with him. Every AD wants to give the HC latitude but we keep getting burned. What a mess.
I do not think TA belongs included in this sentence. He was appointed AD in July of 2021 ... a little bit more than a year ago ... fall camp was ready to begin ... he had the season to evaluate and that was about it ... by all accounts he wanted to make a change at the end of the season but was delayed/deferred ... which I still think was a good decision.

Just more of the SF clown show

No accountability and complete repulsion of tried and true football practices such as live tackling

For the record this has been reported over the years but SF was never held accountable for the quid pro quo of lousy tackling in games over the first four seasons
1663614082635.png

Complaining wont fix it, but quick fixes can happen, our guys have gone pro, they relearned quickly.
Two weeks is plenty
Good point.

Personally, I was on record that Cam Jurgens would not get drafted nor make it in the pros. I was wrong on both counts

I based this on his lack of dominance in college. Given how he is doing now, the eagles clearly believed rightfully so with good coaching something he never was exposed to to at Nebraska, they had a winner

Thanks for posting the link. People need to hear this stuff. This isn't piling on or beating a dead horse. People need to know the truth so they understand why we have been so epically bad. It isn't because Nebraska just sucks and will never be good again, boo hoo hoo like some sad sack fans have been spouting.

It is because we have had horrendous coaching.

Last edited:
Thanks for posting the link. People need to hear this stuff. This isn't piling on or beating a dead horse. People need to know the truth so they understand why we have been so epically bad. It isn't because Nebraska just sucks and will never be good again, boo hoo hoo like some sad sack fans have been spouting.

It is because we have had horrendous coaching.
Some bad coaching, but horrendous mismanagement for sure.
Again, Chins said we needed one on ones, so there was small attempts, too late attempts to right the ship.
But the overseer top of the football program created/ignored/encouraged bad practices.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back