• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Kansas

Redleg

Scout Team
10 Year Member
Leipold has them playing well. I know some think he needs to keep proving himself in P5 and I don’t disagree. Lots of season left for his team to navigate, but they’re definitely trending in the right direction.

If Trev hired him, I’d be very optimistic.

They are winning at Houston, who is ranked, 28-14 late 3rd qtr.

Kansas State lost at home to Temple, 17-10.

Leipold must be a bad ass to do what he is doing at Kansas. Are they ranked next week if they win this game? They’d be 3-0, with a win @WVU and @Houston.

I am warming up to Leipold...still think Rhule might be my #1, though you wonder if someone still has the passion after going to the NFL.

Two impressive road wins for KU. I've got tickets to the KU-Duke game next Saturday so looking forward to seeing Leipold's team in person. Hope they don't have a home let-down after two hard fought weeks on the road.

They are winning at Houston, who is ranked, 28-14 late 3rd qtr.

Kansas State lost at home to Temple, 17-10.

Leipold must be a bad ass to do what he is doing at Kansas. Are they ranked next week if they win this game? They’d be 3-0, with a win @WVU and @Houston.
Houston isn't ranked, not even close.

3 OT win against UT San Antonio and a loss to Texas Tech. Going into this week, we were 63rd and they were 64th in Sagarin.

In fact that UTSA win is the only FBS win any Kansas opponent has.

It appears good now, but let's let it play out a bit and also not bank his coaching acumen on getting some good QB play.

KU will beat Duke. Up and comers don’t have let downs. Established programs that take wins for granted do. LL will be NU’s next coach.

So we want a coach that can take a KU team to beat Duke.

We are talking football?

Right?

No thanks.

So we want a coach that can take a KU team to beat Duke.

We are talking football?

Right?

No thanks.
We need a coach that will lay a foundation and build outward. Our most recent coach just worried about schemes and getting speedy guys from FL. LL knows how to build a program.

We need a coach that will lay a foundation and build outward. Our most recent coach just worried about schemes and getting speedy guys from FL. LL knows how to build a program.
LL may be a guy who can get it done but I’d really prefer someone who has done it. His D3 success is great but not close to the same as P5.

He’s basically a .500 coach in FBS and is only in his 2nd year at a P5. KU has played some bad teams this year but give them credit, they have won. All you can do is win the games you play.

Ideally he would have at least a couple of good years at KU before we would be confident enough to hire him at NU and I don’t see that timing working out.

Also not thrilled that he will be 59 before the 2023 season starts. A guy light on P5 experience, with a losing record in FBS, who is pushing 60 would be a heck of a bet by Trev.

LL may be a guy who can get it done but I’d really prefer someone who has done it. His D3 success is great but not close to the same as P5.

He’s basically a .500 coach in FBS and is only in his 2nd year at a P5. KU has played some bad teams this year but give them credit, they have won. All you can do is win the games you play.

Ideally he would have at least a couple of good years at KU before we would be confident enough to hire him at NU and I don’t see that timing working out.

Also not thrilled that he will be 59 before the 2023 season starts. A guy light on P5 experience, with a losing record in FBS, who is pushing 60 would be a heck of a bet by Trev.
Definitely agree to the bolded. We really need someone with high energy, and most people that age aren't going to sustain that.

Definitely agree to the bolded. We really need someone with high energy, and most people that age aren't going to sustain that.
I thought we wanted him to coach. That means going to meetings, blowing a whistle etc. As long as the guy doesn’t stay up all night partying and chasing girls, he should be fine. How old is Saban or Mack Brown?

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back