• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Purdue

Scott in NY

Red Shirt
5 Year Member
What a total embarrassment- we should be glad this guy isn’t our coach- as bad as things are in Lincoln, Purdue is coming unglued and two 15 yard unsportsmanlike penalties may have just cost them the game against Syracuse.

Makes me think if this was Nebraska the media would be skewering Joseph right now over this. Some questionable last minute officiating but the players have completely lost it. No excuse.

Last edited:

Purdoo was better than North by Northwest

Southern Illinois (FCS) 31
NW 24

without last second mop-up, SI 31 NW 17

Northwestern lost. Georgia Southern lost to Southern Alabama. This is not a good team.
Um, i’m not sure I’m saying it is?

I’m just pointing out that Nebraska seems to get scrutinized a lot for bonehead coaching/playing, and what I saw from Purdue at the end of their game today was an all time low. They better get skewered for it.

Um, i’m not sure I’m saying it is?

I’m just pointing out that Nebraska seems to get scrutinized a lot for bonehead coaching/playing, and what I saw from Purdue at the end of their game today was an all time low. They better get skewered for it.
I genuinely didn't intend my remarks to be taken as a criticism of your commentary. I was just astonished seeing the scores posted on ESPN. The teams we lost to....just lost to some, uh, not so stellar competition. This doesn't inspire my confidence in our ability to turn things around.

Agree completely with you about Purdue. When I saw their tight end strutting around running his mouth and getting in the Syracuse player's faces, all I could think was, "Shut up, #87, and get your ass to the sideline."

But no, he couldn't shut up. He had to preen and squawk and thump his chest. And he got a flag. And his coaches couldn't shut up. And they persisted. And after that display, I was cheering for Syracuse. Sorry, I know, supposed to cheer for the conference and all, but that idiocy really turned me off. I laughed like crazy when Syracuse scored.

Wonder if #87 is proud of himself now? Which coach was it who just couldn't shut up?

Last edited:
What a total embarrassment- we should be glad this guy isn’t our coach- as bad as things are in Lincoln, Purdue is coming unglued and two 15 yard unsportsmanlike penalties may have just cost them the game against Syracuse.

Makes me think if this was Nebraska the media would be skewering Joseph right now over this. Some questionable last minute officiating but the players have completely lost it. No excuse.
Probably would have been much simpler to just point out that I was primarily responding to Hooked on Huskers' post in my first one. Sorry if I derailed the thread. That wasn't my intention.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back