• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Mission Accomplished!

We need to be more positive, which actually makes us more negative, but in turn also makes us more positive.

Or something stupid like that....

3k1i.gif

Why not?
Everyone else is rehashing every grievance they have since Frosts 2nd year when they determined 'before almost anyone else did' that Frost needed to go.

Lots of 'i told you so' and tapdancing posts and threads. Some even smugly disguised as 'looking forward to the rest of the season'. Some wishing we had gone through 4 coaches in 5 years. Some are resentful simply because "their" guy didn't get as much time or as many chances as Frost did.

Might as well go back to where all this started, because let's face it...none of them (Riley, Pelini, Calahan, Solich) got proper support from the AD and a proper amount of time to make changes based on their respective situations and results (okay, maybe Calahan doesn't count)
Post of the decade.

This post has nothing to do with either Frost or Solich. Criminently.

Pederson chose to cut the historical connections of success in our program going back to 1962.

At the time, I said that he was gambling 20 years of wandering in the wilderness and becoming Kansas.

That is EXACTLY what has happened.

This is about a program that Alberts rightly said is bigger than any one person.

Steve Pederson made it about his ego. 19 years later we are firing our 5th head coach including the one he started with.

We had an administrator that thought he was ‘above’ football. This is as much, or more, his fault as well. He presided over both idiotic AD hires.
Post of the century.

“I refuse to let this program gravitate to mediocrity.”

11/30/2003

Former AD Steve Pederson, introducing his plan to turn Nebraska Football into Kansas Football in less than 20 years.

View attachment 88302

I remember sitting next to that guy when he was recruiting my brother back in the 90's, when he went to some of the other families, I told my Mom and Dad to be careful with him, he reminded me of a Snake Oil salesman. Funny thing is the guy could recruit, but he sucked as an AD.

Everything I thought about him was confirmed when he was running around looking for a HC to replace a guy who made the changes to fix the program and went 9-3... Right when the hiring windows were closing and every sane coach turned him down, he got the HC who trashed the Raiders from a Superbowl participant to 4-12 in 2 seasons...
The rest is history!

Last edited:
I highly doubt Scott Frost is going to blame SP for his current failures. But that's just me.

Can you imagine his first interview post-firing when he's asked what went wrong:

"Well Skip, I was really doomed from the beginning because of a former AD that made mistakes when I played for the Buccaneers."

Last edited:
I highly doubt Scott Frost is going to blame SP for his current failures. But that's just me.

Can you imagine his first interview post-firing when he's asked what went wrong:

"Well Skip, I was really doomed from the beginning because of a former AD that made mistakes when I played for the Buccaneers."
This thread has nothing to do with Frost.

Pedey pumpers are funny.

Frost failed on his own. These excuses are ridiculous. Pederson firing Solich had no bearing on Frost's tenure.
Excuses…for who? I took the OP as a Steve Pederson bashing thread. He was the first domino to fall and start the long chain reaction of crap from the last 20 years. As for Frost, every failure under him is on him without the blame of any previous events.

I mean, I think we can all agree SP is a douchebag.

Excuses…for who? I took the OP as a Steve Pederson bashing thread. He was the first domino to fall and start the long chain reaction of crap from the last 20 years. As for Frost, every failure under him is on him without the blame of any previous events.

To be honest, I wasn't exactly sure where the OP was coming from. I actually viewed it the way @FrankTheTank did, to be honest.

But you are right, these are two different things.

1. SP was a double douchebag and set the team back for a while.
2. SP's legacy had no impact on Scott's performance. There isn't 1% of Scott's coaching failures that had anything to do with what happened back in 2003 when Scott was playing for the Buccaneers. We had the hot coach, he had the resources, and he just flat out sucked.

Last edited:

Then why are we even bringing it up in connection to Frost? It sure looked and smelled like a deflection. OP's whole post felt like an episode of Scooby-Doo where OP pulled up on Frost's hair and surprise surprise it was actually a Frost mask on Steve Pederson.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back