• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Pat Forde may be a jerk...

I don't think it will be a quick hire, but I think there are plenty of good coaches (either established or top coordinators) that would gladly come here.
Time will tell. That really hasn’t been true up to now though. Hopefully Trev will get it done.

People said HCSF needed time HCMR left the program in shambles. I see the same stuff in a different year.
Anyone that believed year 2 was on Mike Reilly had very tinted rose colored glasses

Any well coached HS team plays fast of the ball, has limited presnap penalties, limited turnovers and good special teams. That had nothing to do with prior coach and it only got worse under SF

You would think so, but we still have a healthy number of Tradition Coalition members who will come to his defense.
I don't think many will put up a fight. Dude is the losing-est coach in modern NU history. No wins over ranked teams. No post season appearances. Who the hell wants to see more of that? I was a huge Frost guy and I'm 100% ready to see him move on.

This other "national" article compares NU and Frost to USC and Helton. Much can change in a year if the athletic department finally holds a coach accountable and makes the correct changes.

HC Georgia Southern ..... Clay Helton

The worst part about firing the coach is you have to essentially start over at a place that isn't winning. But I get it... Frost has failed here on many levels. His game management skills are so abysmal that I'm not sure he's even capable of winning year in and year out. But firing him is a conundrum, one that has to be handled carefully.

Last edited:
1. He'd make more money in Lincoln
2. Baylor's future is murky at best -- as it is for every team not currently in the Big Ten or SEC.
3. If a coach can figure out how to win again at Nebraska, he'll become royalty.
4. For a top-notch coach, Baylor is not a destination (unless he has previous ties).
5. Nebraska may or may not be a destination school -- but it has all of the resources and fan support that 80-90% of schools cannot match. It certainly has greater potential to be a destination school than Baylor -- even more so when you factor in the non-Big Ten/SEC schools may not be able to compete for championships by the end of this decade.

It's certainly possible Aranda waits it out longer for a better offer to come along -- but Nebraska absolutely has plenty to offer.

I'm willing to bet Aranda would produce a winning season by year two. Wouldn't shock me if it happened in year one. I can't think of a season under Frost when we shouldn't have had a winning season -- it's coaching holding us back.
Good take. i get tired of the "woe is us; nobody will want to come here, whine, whine, whine." BS. Coaches worth their salt know the resources are here, NU is competitive on the NIL front, its just a matter of coaching and development.

Good take. i get tired of the "woe is us; nobody will want to come here, whine, whine, whine." BS. Coaches worth their salt know the resources are here, NU is competitive on the NIL front, its just a matter of coaching and development.
We absolutely will get a coach. 100%. Will it be Gruden, Urban, Stoops or some of the other giant names thrown around here? Uh, no. But we can hire a coach. I have full confidence in Trev. This is frankly why he was hired in the first place.

100% correct, which means your next post will be way off the mark...

;)

5punix.gif

The worst part about firing the coach is you have to essentially start over at a place that isn't winning. But I get it... Frost has failed here on many levels. His game management skills are so abysmal that I'm not sure he's even capable of winning year in and year out. But firing him is a conundrum, one that has to be handled carefully.

It's actually the perfect time to "essentially start over."

The bar is as low as it has been in my lifetime. There's almost nowhere to go but up for the next head coach.

I don't see it as a conundrum at all. I don't see it as any more difficult than firing Callahan or Riley. You get to the point where you so clearly need to burn it down -- because it's been an absolute failure -- and just start over. Frost has had more time and worse results than either Callahan or Riley.

There's no better time to start over than now (although it should have been last year). When would it possibly be better? (And by now, I mean either Oct 1 or later this year.) That is, assuming Frost doesn't have some magical, unexpected turnaround in him.

It's actually the perfect time to "essentially start over."

The bar is as low as it has been in my lifetime. There's almost nowhere to go but up for the next head coach.

I don't see it as a conundrum at all. I don't see it as any more difficult than firing Callahan or Riley. You get to the point where you so clearly need to burn it down -- because it's been an absolute failure -- and just start over. Frost has had more time and worse results than either Callahan or Riley.

There's no better time to start over than now (although it should have been last year). When would it possibly be better? (And by now, I mean either Oct 1 or later this year.) That is, assuming Frost doesn't have some magical, unexpected turnaround in him.
Frost has dug us to absolute rock bottom. Not many worse teams in P5 football over his tenure.

Good thing about rock bottom is that it makes for a firm foundation. Let’s go get a solid coach and start rebuilding this mess.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back