• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Happiest or most memorable win

The 1972 Orange Bowl.

All I heard was, Johnny Musso this and Bear Bryant that. Much like the 96' Fiesta with Florida this and Florida that.

We came out and just blew their socks off and completely shut down the Musso hype.

Was very gratifying!

Most of the games mentioned are pretty obvious triumphs. All deserve a spotlight. The game that I may have enjoyed winning most during my time as a student was the 1982 Missouri game. The guy from Papillion that went to Missouri over NU knocked Turner Gill out of the game and Rozier was struggling with a rib injury or something. MR sucked it up and with Bruce Mathieson quarterbacking the Cornhuskers prevailed. God I hated Missouri.

EDIT: Randy Jostes was the guy that knocked out TG. Also, watching the game now on YouTube, the analyst for the telecast actually said “Missouri is playing a good game, I don’t know why they are resorting to the dirty tactics they are using. Typical Warren Powers coached Missouri team. Norman Goodman anyone?

In ‘81 we struggled against ISU until Irving Fryar returned a punt for a td and Missouri beat OU the same day giving us the Big 8 title. I blew the tweeters out of my Infinity speakers blaring “Running with the Devil” in Abel Hall celebrating. Must have enjoyed that win too, apparently. Replaced that ribbon tweeter with some radio shack tweeter. Dire Straits “Making Movies” never sounded the same.

Last edited:

Hands down the 1994 NC vs. Miami. I was only 10 then and had now doubt through the entire season that we would win every game, even when Frasier went down with his blood clot. Ah, the unshakeable faith of youth.

Also the Henery FG and Suh INT vs. CU. I was watching it with CU fans - actually the person I was dating and their parents, and they all looked at me like I was crazy for getting so into the game the entire time. When that FG sailed through I just dropped to my knees as they all scowled at me. It was the perfect moment.

Hands down the 1994 NC vs. Miami. I was only 10 then and had now doubt through the entire season that we would win every game, even when Frasier went down with his blood clot. Ah, the unshakeable faith of youth.

Also the Henery FG and Suh INT vs. CU. I was watching it with CU fans - actually the person I was dating and their parents, and they all looked at me like I was crazy for getting so into the game the entire time. When that FG sailed through I just dropped to my knees as they all scowled at me. It was the perfect moment.

So we need an update if that impacted the “relationship”. :thumbsup:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back