• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Ranking The FBS Linebacker Units Entering the 2022 Season

Big 10 seems loaded at linebacker, with 3 in the top 10
Think about it,every year we worry about depth, fit, experience and talent on our D line.
Every year the D has gotten better, finally someones recognizing where it has.
I dont worry about LB any more than I do about DB while realizing some years will be better than others, mainly playmakers, not about being sound.
When SF got here and before that, I worried about both.

Think about it,every year we worry about depth, fit, experience and talent on our D line.
Every year the D has gotten better, finally someones recognizing where it has.
I dont worry about LB any more than I do about DB while realizing some years will be better than others, mainly playmakers, not about being sound.
When SF got here and before that, I worried about both.
I gotta admit, I'm a tad concerned about our interior defensive line getting through conference

I gotta admit, I'm a tad concerned about our interior defensive line getting through conference
We have some youth, and very thin at returning players.
But adding two from the portal has left us with unknowns and slightly thin.
Before I look at a portal player, I look at the position coach. If he's bringing players along AND recruiting well, I have few worries about portal players.
I'm not concerned about our D line coaches eval capabilities or his coaching. I think early on any problems were about fit and new roles under him.
It was worse at LB at that time imo

Nebraska football and the media that covers it has for 50 yrs been ridiculously addicted to the constant "rankings" of everything. From recruiting to coaches salary. From schedule strength to their pregame warm ups.

And it is all intended to fool fans into thinking our team is superior to other teams even if the subject is as irrelevant as ranking the sun rise.

Nebraska football and the media that covers it has for 50 yrs been ridiculously addicted to the constant "rankings" of everything. From recruiting to coaches salary. From schedule strength to their pregame warm ups.

And it is all intended to fool fans into thinking our team is superior to other teams even if the subject is as irrelevant as ranking the sun rise.
Tell us how you really feel about rankings such as these!

I personally thinks this bodes well for the Huskers. Truthfully ... the defense performing as well last year was a bit of a surprise based on prior year iterations. I think this can help down the road. It does raise expectations but it also provides a profile for the players, the team and its fans.

You'd prefer it if we didn't show up in any position rankings?

Drew, Wynn, Robinson, Feist, Huntmacher and Newsome ... pretty good DT rotation if you ask me.
Personally, this rotation scares me, especially in this conference. We do have some good linebackers to clean up if our defensive line can at least hold their own.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back