• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

RB by Committee or does one Emerge?

Reports out of practice today say that Anthony Grant is making the strongest push to be the RB1. Applewhite certainly seems to be saying that he wants to have a primary back to rely upon.
That gets my vote, the running back by committee is over rated

Grant = RB1/KR1
Ervin = RB2/Special Teams
R. Johnson = 3rd Down/Special Teams/Swiss Army Knife
Yant = Short Yardage/Change of Pace/Run out the clock/FB trap
E. Johnson = Redshirt/Step up if needed
Allen = Redshirt/Step up if needed
Belt = Iowa Running Back Curse (IRBC) insurance

Reports out of practice today say that Anthony Grant is making the strongest push to be the RB1. Applewhite certainly seems to be saying that he wants to have a primary back to rely upon.
We want to hear someone like Grant separating from the pack. When you have a logjam, it's either you have an amazing amount of talent with several elite players, or that every is close because no one is elite. And it's usually the latter.

We want to hear someone like Grant separating from the pack. When you have a logjam, it's either you have an amazing amount of talent with several elite players, or that every is close because no one is elite. And it's usually the latter.
Still waiting to see Gabe challenge him.

Minny lost their guy too

Indeed, they lost their top two RBs last season (and both are currently healthy and on the roster for this season).

Gotta hand it to teams like Minnesota and Wisconsin. Lose your top 2-3 guys at the most key position (both are run heavy teams) -- and still win games. A lot of that starts with the offensive line, which Minnesota and Wisconsin also excel at. Reminds me of the Osborne years. With our lines, next man up at RB could still be highly productive -- even 3 or 4 deep.

Indeed, they lost their top two RBs last season (and both are currently healthy and on the roster for this season).

Gotta hand it to teams like Minnesota and Wisconsin. Lose your top 2-3 guys at the most key position (both are run heavy teams) -- and still win games. A lot of that starts with the offensive line, which Minnesota and Wisconsin also excel at. Reminds me of the Osborne years. With our lines, next man up at RB could still be highly productive -- even 3 or 4 deep.
And people are thinking our RB room is crowded
No, just more normal

To expound on that, once we went away from deep RB rooms under BC it never came back, but once.
Having that go to guy you need that many guys to rise up, and sometimes two will.
Under Bo, Ahmir wasnt wanted, so it was a chance. Similar for Rex.
Bo knocked it out the park with these two

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back