• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Big XII making an expansion play for...

DuckTownHusker

Blackshirt Sith Lord
10 Year Member
Minnesota?

This has to be the dumbest rumor or the dumbest plan, ever. No way a middle of the pack team (and B1G Founding Member) trades $100m for crappy Big XII play.

Literally the ONLY upside would be an easier path to a CCG and/or playoff.

Who writes this crap?

"Kevin McGuire" should lose all his credentials and his editor at Yahoo Sports should lose his job for printing a story with zero known sources.
Speaking of which, is Yahoo even a thing anymore?

The Big XII needs to push hard for Arizona, ASU, Colorado, and Utah.

It locks down the mountain states (along with newcomer BYU) and would still give them a presence in the Midwest, Texas, and Florida.

It seems highly likely Oregon, Washington, will either stay PAC or flip B1G. No way the Big XII steals ACC teams like Clemson, FSU, etc., so make the best of a Mountain / Midwest / East league with some solid up-and-comers, with some established teams like ASU and Utah.

I'd go for 3x divisions of 6 teams.

Ariz., ASU, Colorado, Utah, BYU, Tex.Tech

TCU, Baylor, Ok.State, KU, KSU, ISU

Cincinnati, West Virginia, Houston, UCF, USF, Memphis

Last edited:

I don't even know who is left in the Big Twelve and don't care. Just keep Texas out of any league we are in. Also does any Big Twelve team have a Hockey team?

I don't even know who is left in the Big Twelve and don't care. Just keep Texas out of any league we are in. Also does any Big Twelve team have a Hockey team?

No. The Big Ten is the only FBS conference who sponsors hockey, and Notre Dame is an associate member. No ACC, PAC, SunBelt, MAC, etc., exist for hockey. Just the Big Ten and a bunch of hockey-centric conferences and independent schools.

Beyond the B1G+Irish, there are only two other Power 5 schools with hockey. Arizona State and Boston College. There are a handful of G5 teams as well: Air Force, Army, Bowling Green, Miami-OH, UConn, UMass, and Western Michigan.

The Big XII needs to push hard for Arizona, ASU, Colorado, and Utah.

It locks down the mountain states (along with newcomer BYU) and would still give them a presence in the Midwest, Texas, and Florida.

It seems highly likely Oregon, Washington, will either stay PAC or flip B1G. No way the Big XII steals ACC teams like Clemson, FSU, etc., so make the best of a Mountain / Midwest / East league with some solid up-and-comers, with some established teams like ASU and Utah.

I'd go for 3x divisions of 6 teams.

Ariz., ASU, Colorado, Utah, BYU, Tex.Tech

TCU, Baylor, Ok.State, KU, KSU, ISU

Cincinnati, West Virginia, Houston, UCF, USF, Memphis
I don’t know why the B12 would go after Arizona or ASU with Oregon and Washington out there.

Utah gives BYU a natural rival.

Can‘t take the ‘Zona schools (and CU/UU) and assume the PAC12 continues on in any substantial form.

I don’t know why the B12 would go after Arizona or ASU with Oregon and Washington out there.

Utah gives BYU a natural rival.

Can‘t take the ‘Zona schools (and CU/UU) and assume the PAC12 continues on in any substantial form.
I think the B1G grabs Washington, Oregon, Stanford, and either Notre Dame or Cal (if the Irish decline).

The Pac will be gutted. OSU and WSU are looking at Mountain West, IMO.

No. The Big Ten is the only FBS conference who sponsors hockey, and Notre Dame is an associate member. No ACC, PAC, SunBelt, MAC, etc., exist for hockey. Just the Big Ten and a bunch of hockey-centric conferences and independent schools.

Beyond the B1G+Irish, there are only two other Power 5 schools with hockey. Arizona State and Boston College. There are a handful of G5 teams as well: Air Force, Army, Bowling Green, Miami-OH, UConn, UMass, and Western Michigan.

Last 4 teams listed are very good teams

Numerous Division 1 schools never heard of it ...... i.e. Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute ???

B1G: Gophers-Badgers-Wolverines-Spartans-Buckeyes-Nittany Lions-Fighting Irish ... need to add Huskers ice hockey.

640px-TheBigChillattheBigHouse.JPG

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back