• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

CBS Preseason Top 25

DuckTownHusker

Blackshirt Sith Lord
10 Year Member
Nebraska has three Top 25 opponents (as of now). Obviously, if the sky falls and we wind up in Indianapolis, we'll likely have another.
  1. Alabama
  2. Ohio State
  3. Georgia
  4. Utah
  5. Clemson
  6. Notre Dame
  7. Oklahoma
  8. Michigan
  9. Texas A&M
  10. Baylor
  11. NC State
  12. USC
  13. Oklahoma State
  14. Oregon
  15. Wisconsin
  16. Arkansas
  17. Cincinnati
  18. Penn State
  19. Miami
  20. Michigan State
  21. Wake Forest
  22. Houston
  23. Kentucky
  24. Tennessee
  25. Pitt

Bye-bye Ditch Chickens.

Anyhow, I'm waiting for Coaches poll. In particular, I hope NU ..... obviously not Top25 but one or two votes (others receiving votes)

Last edited:

Nebraska has three Top 25 opponents (as of now). Obviously, if the sky falls and we wind up in Indianapolis, we'll likely have another.
  1. Alabama
  2. Ohio State
  3. Georgia
  4. Utah
  5. Clemson
  6. Notre Dame
  7. Oklahoma
  8. Michigan
  9. Texas A&M
  10. Baylor
  11. NC State
  12. USC
  13. Oklahoma State
  14. Oregon
  15. Wisconsin
  16. Arkansas
  17. Cincinnati
  18. Penn State
  19. Miami
  20. Michigan State
  21. Wake Forest
  22. Houston
  23. Kentucky
  24. Tennessee
  25. Pitt
I'd expect at least one more team from the B1G West come into the top 25. Hopefully, it will be us, but if it isn't it will be a team like Iowa or Purdue (whoever is 2nd in the division). It won't be five top 10 opponents, like last year, but I still think we'll have a few more than what is in the preseason poll.

I'd expect at least one more team from the B1G West come into the top 25. Hopefully, it will be us, but if it isn't it will be a team like Iowa or Purdue (whoever is 2nd in the division). It won't be five top 10 opponents, like last year, but I still think we'll have a few more than what is in the preseason poll.

Or Minnesota.

The Gophers have Ibrahim back from injury (and Potts as a very solid #2). Tanner Morgan is back. Chris Autman-Bell is back. Their #1 TE returns. Basically, all of their offensive weapons return (though they lost some players on the line).

The Gophers are underrated in the preseason more times than not under Fleck.

Last edited:
Or Minnesota.

The Gophers have Ibrahim back from injury (and Potts as a very solid #2). Tanner Morgan is back. Chris Autman-Bell is back. Their #1 TE returns. Basically, all of their offensive weapons return (though they lost some players on the line).

Definitely a possibility. By the end of the season the West should have at least two teams in the top 25, the question is who will they be? I can understand not having anyone but Wisconsin in there now, but I'd be really shocked if only the division champ is ranked at the end of the year.

Or Minnesota.

Fleck is a very good coach and Minnesota has built some solid consistency over the years.

Of our B1G West rivals, I tend to like Minnesota (the Team) the most, but I think Fleck is my most-despised coach in the conference. He's basically the epitome of every high school villain from an 80s movie. I'm reasonably sure he drives around in his dad's Ferrari and gives all the nerds wedgies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back