• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Northwestern

Northwestern is as must win as must win can be.

Frost needs to beat the teams his team is clearly better than on paper this season. He doesn't have nearly the job security he did in previous seasons.

If we lose game one to Northwestern, this forum (and media/social media, water coolers, etc.) will be ugly.

Fortunately, I highly doubt this Northwestern team is going to be one of those every-other-year great teams. Typically, when Northwestern performs well, it's due to consistency. They are still in a rebuild; their returning production ranks 10th in the Big Ten. Their defensive coordinator is in his second season now -- and his defense was rotten last year.

Last edited:
Northwestern is as must win as must win can be.

Frost needs to beat the teams his team is clearly better than on paper this season. He doesn't have nearly the job security he did in previous seasons.

If we lose game one to Northwestern, this forum (and media/social media, water coolers, etc.) will be ugly.

Fortunately, I high doubt this Northwestern team is going to be one of those every-other-year great teams. Typically, when Northwestern performs well, it's due to consistency. They are still in a rebuild; their returning production ranks 10th in the Big Ten. Their defensive coordinator is in his second season now -- and his defense was rotten last year.
I've been very supportive (not very vocal on this board) of Frost. I am glad Trev gave him another year and think he should have the opportunity to coach through the 2022-2023 season. That said, if we lose to Northwestern, I will be in a different camp going forward.

Northwestern is not a must win. Any CFB team can come out on any given day and lay a stinker. Lord knows we’ve had our share. There’s plenty of season to right the ship if we lose.
True,but if you're learning how to win, the sooner the better especially having the follow up noncon games. To put the past behind you starts today.

Northwestern is busy celebrating that the game isn't in Evanston as Ne. fans take over their stadium each time we have played there. Also if you watch Fitz's interview at the big ten media days he and his team are tacking a vacation attitude. Ne. seems to be all business. This should be a thumping given by Ne. the real NU

Northwestern is busy celebrating that the game isn't in Evanston as Ne. fans take over their stadium each time we have played there. Also if you watch Fitz's interview at the big ten media days he and his team are tacking a vacation attitude. Ne. seems to be all business. This should be a thumping given by Ne. the real NU

Maybe he wants his players feeling/playing with less pressure heading into the game. Fitz knows that Nebraska could easily make mistakes in this game if they are wound up too tight.

He might have the right strategy…we all will see on August 27th.

I've been very supportive (not very vocal on this board) of Frost. I am glad Trev gave him another year and think he should have the opportunity to coach through the 2022-2023 season. That said, if we lose to Northwestern, I will be in a different camp going forward.
Sorry we have the wagons circled and in battle formations

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back