• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Ranking College Football Brands, Based on the Opinions of 1,000 High School Football Players

HuskerWeatherman

Feral Cat
20 Year Member
Interesting study.

You can read the details here: https://officialvisit.com/blog/2022-college-football-brand-study

To tailor this question to college football brands, we have asked 1,000 high school football players the simple question: “If you were the #1 recruit in the nation with offers from every program, how likely (1-10 scale) is it that you would choose [program]?” The results were averaged to produce our OfficialVisit Brand Score (OVBS) as the industry-specific derivation of a NPS. You can think of this rating as the gravitational pull each program has to any given recruit prior to making contact.

Crazy how far Nebraska has fallen. NU used to rank in the top 10 of damn near everything. Just look at many of the programs in front of them on this particular list. Shocking. Only a handful have had NU’s success over time. Crazy.

The past 6 years Nebraska hasn't been worthy of any mention from the media imo. Kids simply follow the polls and TV with maximum national exposure. We start winning again and this will quickly get reversed imo. What kids follow losing teams?? Actually who closely follows Husker football anymore but Husker fans? Heck most of media attention the past 4 years or so has been negative! This poll doesn't surprise me in the least.

Like others hinted at, kids are easily influenced. Whatever they hear, they believe/follow.. and in sports that means ESPN has a big influence on kids.

Last edited:

The survey details:

“we have asked 1,000 high school football players the simple question: “If you were the #1 recruit in the nation with offers from every program, how likely (1-10 scale) is it that you would choose [program]?”

This seems like a dumb question to me. If I were trying to answer that question, I would give a half dozen schools very high score, and give about 60 schools a “1”. I don’t think the question translates very well into a brand rating.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back