• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Transfer PK/Punter Timmy Bleekrode is N

The eternal optimist believes every new player is an upgrade.

The realist wants to see it on the field during a game in the fall.
There’s a reason why fan is short for fanatic. We had a can’t miss all big 10 place kicker returning last year and how did that work out? We had transfers come in to punt last year and how did that work out? After the Rutgers game in 2021 we were told that was how we were going to utilize a downhill running game in 2022 and how did that work out? We had a five star corner from The Ohio State come in and how did that work out? We had the number one rated cornerback from juco come in a couple years ago in Joseph and how did that work out? We had a running back from USC come in and how did that work out? We had a d lineman in Green come in that the experts were telling me was one and done and how did that work out? We have the top rated juco receiver and how has that worked out? Funny how change this year is being sold as obvious improvement.

Why do you believe the portal players are upgrades?
Punter: We were brutal last year, and we got the best punter from the FCS level. That has to be an upgrade over Cerni and whoever the other guy was.

PK: Again, we were awful last year. And again, we tapped the FCS market for a reliable option who made about 80% of his FGs.

(Say what you want about FCS vs. FBS level of competition, but kicking and punting can't be THAT different.)

QB: I suppose we can debate this one. We know that AM presided over four losing seasons and - for all his good qualities - couldn't lead a game-winning drive to save his life. It's fair to question Thompson, since he was also the primary starter on a losing, underachieving team last year.

D-Line: Mathis was one of the top, if not the top, DE's available in the portal. Drew had some decent production at Texas Tech, and we may still get Wynn from Alabama. We are not super deep here, but a top four of Mathis, Robinson, Hutchmaker, and Drew should be more than serviceable. I do wish we had Daniels back one more season, and I'm guessing he might wish the same after going undrafted.

O-Line: In my previous post, this was the group I said probably did not get upgraded. We brought in two guys who may or may not help this year. I don't think we helped ourselves a ton here, and the Jurgens loss is killer. Hopefully better schemes and coaching?

There’s a reason why fan is short for fanatic. We had a can’t miss all big 10 place kicker returning last year and how did that work out? We had transfers come in to punt last year and how did that work out? After the Rutgers game in 2021 we were told that was how we were going to utilize a downhill running game in 2022 and how did that work out? We had a five star corner from The Ohio State come in and how did that work out? We had the number one rated cornerback from juco come in a couple years ago in Joseph and how did that work out? We had a running back from USC come in and how did that work out? We had a d lineman in Green come in that the experts were telling me was one and done and how did that work out? We have the top rated juco receiver and how has that worked out? Funny how change this year is being sold as obvious improvement.
Punter: We were brutal last year, and we got the best punter from the FCS level. That has to be an upgrade over Cerni and whoever the other guy was.

PK: Again, we were awful last year. And again, we tapped the FCS market for a reliable option who made about 80% of his FGs.

(Say what you want about FCS vs. FBS level of competition, but kicking and punting can't be THAT different.)

QB: I suppose we can debate this one. We know that AM presided over four losing seasons and - for all his good qualities - couldn't lead a game-winning drive to save his life. It's fair to question Thompson, since he was also the primary starter on a losing, underachieving team last year.

D-Line: Mathis was one of the top, if not the top, DE's available in the portal. Drew had some decent production at Texas Tech, and we may still get Wynn from Alabama. We are not super deep here, but a top four of Mathis, Robinson, Hutchmaker, and Drew should be more than serviceable. I do wish we had Daniels back one more season, and I'm guessing he might wish the same after going undrafted.

O-Line: In my previous post, this was the group I said probably did not get upgraded. We brought in two guys who may or may not help this year. I don't think we helped ourselves a ton here, and the Jurgens loss is killer. Hopefully better schemes and coaching?

What does any of this have to do with this thread? A commitment thread on a transfer kicker?

Oh and we did not play Rutgers in 2021 unless I missed something?

Take the discussion to its own thread ( i.e. Why do you believe the portal players are upgrades?") and stop hijacking this one

Folks are tired of coming to these threads looking for new information on a recruit and instead finding this sort of thing. Trust me I get the complaints from them.

RR

What does any of this have to do with this thread? A commitment thread on a transfer kicker?

Oh and we did not play Rutgers in 2021 unless I missed something?

Take the discussion to its own thread ( i.e. Why do you believe the portal players are upgrades?") and stop hijacking this one

Folks are tired of coming to these threads looking for new information on a recruit and instead finding this sort of thing. Trust me I get the complaints from them.

RR

RR…that was my fault for posting a sarcastic comment that opened up the door for this thread to get off topic. Of course I am the one that posts gifs about staying on topic. :(

Last edited:
RR…that was my fault for posting a sarcastic comment that opened up the door for this thread to get off topic. Of course I am the one that posts gifs about staying on topic. :(
Thanks TFraz but the conversation had even veered off course a little before you. I guess I put an exclamation point on it.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back