• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Name Your 24 Team B1G Conference

BrooklynBugeater

Setting the record straight
Here's my prediction:

1. Ohio State
2. Michigan
3. Michigan State
4. Indiana
5. Purdue
6. Illinois
7. Northwestern
8. Wisconsin
9. Minnesota
10. Iowa
11. Penn State
12. Nebraska
13. Rutgers
14. Maryland
15. UCLA
16. USC

17. Notre Dame
18. Stanford
19. Oregon
20. Washington
21. Virginia
22. North Carolina
23. Duke
24. Georgia Tech

My prediction is 20 team max.
I don't know. I can see 2 or 3 "super conferences" of 24 teams. Possible that college football will no longer be part of the NCAA and the super conferences run the show for football. I could also see a scenario where there are 4 college football super conferences. B1G, SEC, Big 12 and some Mountain West/Sun Belt/AAC conglomerate.

Here is my 24 team SEC prediction:

1. Florida
2. Georgia
3. South Carolina
4. Tennessee
5. Kentucky
6. Missouri
7. Alabama
8. Auburn
9. Ole Miss
10. Mississippi St.
11. LSU
12. Arkansas
13. Vanderbilt
14. Texas A&M
15. Oklahoma
16. Texas

17. Clemson
18. Virginia Tech
19. Oklahoma State
20. Texas Tech
21. Miami (FL)
22. Florida State
23. Kansas
24. Kansas State

And the Big 12:

1. Iowa State
2. Baylor
3. TCU
4. West Virginia

5. BYU
6. Central Florida
7. Cincinnati
8. Houston

9. Colorado
10. Utah
11. Arizona State
12. Arizona
13. Washington State
14. Oregon State
15. Cal

16. SMU
17. Rice

18. Boston College
19. Syracuse
20. Pittsburgh
21. UConn
22. NC State
23. Wake Forest
24. Louisville

I would like to stay at 18, but 24 may be inevitable.

1. Ohio State
2. Michigan
3. Michigan State
4. Indiana
5. Purdue
6. Illinois
7. Northwestern
8. Wisconsin
9. Minnesota
10. Iowa
11. Penn State
12. Nebraska
13. Rutgers
14. Maryland
15. UCLA
16. USC

17. Notre Dame
18. Stanford
19. Oregon
20. Washington
21. North Carolina
22. Clemson
23. Florida State
24. Miami

I see 17-20 as realistic possibilities, with 21-24 being dream shots with almost no chance of coming to fruition.

I would like to stay at 18, but 24 may be inevitable.

1. Ohio State
2. Michigan
3. Michigan State
4. Indiana
5. Purdue
6. Illinois
7. Northwestern
8. Wisconsin
9. Minnesota
10. Iowa
11. Penn State
12. Nebraska
13. Rutgers
14. Maryland
15. UCLA
16. USC

17. Notre Dame
18. Stanford
19. Oregon
20. Washington
21. North Carolina
22. Clemson
23. Florida State
24. Miami

I see 17-20 as realistic possibilities, with 21-24 being dream shots with almost no chance of coming to fruition.
This would be my favorite configuration and almost every week would be like a bowl game for the foreseeable future. A gantlet but an entertaining season.

I don’t think 24 is the immediate goal or expectation. But if the conference WERE that large, a conference championship game would require a playoff of at least the top 4 teams.You can’t have 2 divisions that all play each other, and they are talking about chucking divisions anyway. Strength of schedule variability is just too large for the top two teams to be a fair representation.

Or does the postseason flow directly into an expanded national playoff? Would there be guaranteed spots in a larger playoff that included the SEC?

Other than scrapping divisions and having some protected rivalry games, I don’t think the B1G has to change much with just adding USC/UCLA. But if you also add Notre Dame and Stanford now (or also add two more of Washington, Oregon or North Carolina) the conference championship becomes another process that needs a new plan.

Could the post-season look like:
top 4 Big 10 playoff and top 4 SEC playoff and then the two champions meet? Would the SEC go for that? Each conference would control half of a very lucrative process. It’s an 8 team playoff, basically. Teams that aren’t in one of those leagues have no real access.

Teams like Clemson and Miami would wind up in the SEC, most likely. I really don’t know what the Baylors and TCUs of the world do. They’d have their own postseason, I guess. But the differential would grow where teams outside those two conferences were perceived as a lower level, and certainly that would be true for revenue.

17. Notre Dame
18. Stanford
19. Oregon
20. Washington
21. North Carolina
22. Duke
23. Virginia
24. Cal

My other 24 Team Conference:

1. Nebraska
  2. UNL
  3. Huskers
  4. Iowa State
  5. ISU
  6. Cyclones
  7. Kansas
  8. KU
  9. Jayhawks
  10. KState
  11. KSU
  12. Wildcats
  13. Colorado
  14. CU
  15. Buffaloes
  16. Missouri
  17. Mizzou
  18. Tigers
  19. Oklahoma
  20. OU
  21. Sooners
  22. Oklahoma State
  23. Pokes
  24. Cowboys
That was a great time. Sad it has all been destroyed. Those conferences would still work today. Plenty of tv for everyone. Champions all play in a playoff.

Big East
ACC
SWC
SEC
PAC 10
BIG 10
Big 8
One at large

But nope, they had to destroy all of it. College football has ***** it’s own self.

Last edited:

That was a great time. Sad it has all been destroyed. Those conferences would still work today. Plenty of tv for everyone. Champions all play in a playoff.

SWC
SEC
PAC 10
BIG 10
Big 8
One at large

But nope, they had to destroy all of it. College football has ***** it’s own self.

Add the ACC and Big East

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back