• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

4* RB Dontavius Braswell Commits To South Carolina

Another recruiting thread flipped on its ear. In the world of NIL, it is going to become rarer and rarer to actually be in the proverbial driver's seat, especially for Nebraska. I think a lot of these kids are just holding out and waiting for bigger and better offers, but declaring to schools to at least have security of a committable offer from a big-time school. I know there are other variables such as location and relationships with coaching staffs, but this environment creates even more uncertainty in terms of what these kids are thinking and what we are hearing from the media outlets.

Last edited:

Another recruiting thread flipped on its ear. In the world of NIL, it is going to become rarer and rarer to actually be in the proverbial driver's seat, especially for Nebraska. I think a lot of these kids are just holding out and waiting for bigger and better offers, but declaring to schools to at least have security of a committable offer from a big-time school. I know there are other variables such as location and relationships with coaching staffs, but this environment creates even more uncertainty in terms of what these kids are thinking and what we are hearing from the media outlets.
Umm ok...sure..whatever you say.

Umm ok...sure..whatever you say.

In the end him going to South Carolina was about the location and thus being near to home

Which happens all the time as we both know

Better to know it now then when he transfers after a year or so

That's the bottom line regardless of whatever else you may here

Anyway he is gone and best of luck to him

In the end him going to South Carolina was about the location and thus being near to home

Which happens all the time as we both know

Better to know it now then when he transfers after a year or so

That's the bottom line regardless of whatever else you may here

Anyway he is gone and best of luck to him
I do not disagree. My issue was with the other posters assertion that we have no shot in a NIL WORLD. I guess the other top recruits we got are not good enough. SMH.

Last edited:

I do not disagree. My issue was with the other posters assertion that we have no shot in a NIL WORLD. I guess the other top recruits we got are not good enough. SMH.

On the contrary we actually have a very good NIL program in fact as but one example is the up coming commitment of Cayden Green. Word is we have the best offer on the table but that does not always win the commit as that's not the bottom line for a lot of guys

I still think relationships are paramount as was proven with Mathis commit when the amount of NIL was finalized after he got on campus

There is no doubt many recruits the $$ are the bottom line but for many its still about relationships, coaches etc etc

Anyway do not want to hijack this thread

He has made his decision

Time to move on

Best of luck to him

Last edited:

On the contrary we actually have a very good NIL program in fact as but one example is the up coming commitment of Cayden Green. Word is we have the best offer on the table but that does not always win the commit as that's not the bottom line for a lot of guys

I still think relationships are paramount as was proven with Mathis commit when the amount of NIL was finalized after he got on campus

There is no doubt many recruits the $$ are the bottom line but for many its still about relationships, coaches etc etc

He has made his decision

Time to move on

Best of luck to him
Good points on NIL, and I hope you're right.

He has made his decision

Time to move on

Best of luck to him
Good points on the NIL. I've a feeling that several recruits strictly chasing $$ will end up unhappy with their situation in the long term.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back