• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Official: USC/UCLA Joining B1G in 2024

9d9a05c9-12ee-4136-a524-cb287abf720e.jpg

The University of Southern California and the University of California-Los Angeles arriving for Big Ten Media Days, circa 2024.

Maybe Big 10 wants a coast to coast league. LA is a huge metropolitan area but not always focused on college sports. If this ends up happening…it would crush the Pac 12.
I see Cal and Stanford getting invitations and keeping divisions ( East and West) it would make more sense.

Conference arms race continues. Not a fan of the arms race in general; however, USC/UCLA are culturally solid fits for the conference. Geography in conferences was already pushing the limits, but this officially does the idea of geographical conferences in. I think within the next five years you'll see the major conferences that survive mutiny from the NCAA and create their own league.

My comments weren't about politics. Politics inform culture. Culturally we are way different than LA,Chicago (minus the burbs) and New Jersey.
Nebraska and OSU were about the football during covid.
PAC wasnt all in
The focus on the game, equating to its value, is much higher in some areas than others.
Proving fan is short for fanatic.
But overall, both teams, USC or UCLA can scrape together enough fans to fill the Titanic on any given day, even iceberg day.

My comments weren't about politics. Politics inform culture. Culturally we are way different than LA,Chicago (minus the burbs) and New Jersey

Give it a rest or your going to be banned from from the thread

My original comment stands which you just confirmed

RR

I see Cal and Stanford getting invitations and keeping divisions ( East and West) it would make more sense.
I think Oregon and Washington might come before Stanford/Cal, except the state governing bodies may face pressure not to abandon Or State and Wash State. You know that Cal/Stanford/Oregon/Wash are all wanting in bad now and have a chance. The remaining 6 PAC 12 teams likely don’t have a chance, so they need to be talking to KSU, Ok State and the remaining Texas Big 12 schools. I guess with UCF the Big 12 can look to those PAC 12 schools and say they will be the second Nationwide conference.

Or does the SEC need the West Coast now and go after Cal and Stanford to not be a mere regional conference? Crazy times.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back