• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

The Frost Era

I really think Frost's struggles at Nebraska center around a failed offensive plan for the Big 10. Additionally, game management was not good in tight games. Throw in a complete failure on special teams and you have a team that loses more than it wins.

Last edited:
McCaffrey was a 3-star and that was buoyed by his last name and NU's recruiting interest.

Smother's in my mind almost doesn't count in the 2AM argument because he arrived in year 4 of the 2AM tenure meaning he realistically was arriving with the assumption that 2AM was the QB for another year then gone. COVID kind of goofed that up a bit.
So now it’s a last name bias, Covid and smothers doesn’t count defense. Geesh. The statistics and facts didn’t prove your point so you are throwing anything out there. Give it up. SF didn’t promise anything. AM earned it.

So now it’s a last name bias, Covid and smothers doesn’t count defense. Geesh. The statistics and facts didn’t prove your point so you are throwing anything out there. Give it up. SF didn’t promise anything. AM earned it.
YOU made the inaccurate statement that McCaffrey was a 4-star recruit. He wasn't

Smothers signed with Nebraska the year that 2AM was going to enter his 4th year. So he came to NU knowing/thinking 2AM had one year in front of him ... he (Smothers) would spend a year behind 2AM and then contend for the starting job. And then COVID gave 2AM an extra year.

Geesh ... sorry I have to spell it out for you!

YOU made the inaccurate statement that McCaffrey was a 4-star recruit. He wasn't

Smothers signed with Nebraska the year that 2AM was going to enter his 4th year. So he came to NU knowing/thinking 2AM had one year in front of him ... he (Smothers) would spend a year behind 2AM and then contend for the starting job. And then COVID gave 2AM an extra year.

The 6-foot-3, 180-pound McCaffrey is a four-star athlete with an overall rating of 0.9061 according to the industry-generated 247Sports Composite. McCaffrey chose the Huskers over offers from Virginia, North Carolina, Michigan, Ohio State and others.

The 6-foot-3, 180-pound McCaffrey is a four-star athlete with an overall rating of 0.9061 according to the industry-generated 247Sports Composite. McCaffrey chose the Huskers over offers from Virginia, North Carolina, Michigan, Ohio State and others.

Wasting your time with facts. He just won’t accept anything but his disillusion belief that SF promised AM the position rather than AM beat out 3 other 4 star quarterbacks. Especially when we saw those others play even worse.

I think Frost wasn't about to start his tenure without a qb he recruited. Heaven forbid he might adjust his offense a little to maximize Gebbias abilities. And I agree with HIO about the cancelation of Akron game being huge and AM getting hurt in first game against CU. He always seemed to deal with nagging injuries. AM failures at crunch time were not all his fault. Defenses knew to go max pressure and our oline wouldn't hold up and we couldn't make a clutch kick to save our souls!

Wasting your time with facts. He just won’t accept anything but his disillusion belief that SF promised AM the position rather than AM beat out 3 other 4 star quarterbacks. Especially when we saw those others play even worse.
What hurt was giving AM the job after earning it. And never allowing anyone else the chance to compete for it. He was locked in. There was some talent there for sure yet never developed

I hope not because it likely means NU has suffered through another underperforming year.
Have to look who they are brining back The Frost door was open, they closed it and now all the windows are shut too.

I hope the hunt is on for a new coach

Have to look who they are brining back The Frost door was open, they closed it and now all the windows are shut too.

I hope the hunt is on for a new coach
Not so great point. First time I've seen your stumping for a new HC?? :Sarcastic::Cheers:

I really think Frost's struggles at Nebraska center around a failed offensive plan for the Big 10. Additionally, game management was not good in tight games. Throw in a complete failure on special teams and you have a team that loses more than it wins.
Agree and confusing as to why this happened. Frost was part of one of the most significant, successful, and dominating offenses under TO. He was part of a system that literally crushed opponents. The playbook was there. Why deviate from something that has worked for 40 years? Recruit top-quality linemen, develop the talent of skill positions, and run the damned ball. Mystifying as to why he thought AM was the answer, for four years, to a failed offensive system that could not sustain itself in the Big 10.

Most schools run him out of town on a rail after 2020 record. Fired. Axed. Bye-bye. Good riddance.

Next season if Frost will be a losing record again, then most fans, "next year" ...... parrot repeat

But Bank of Excuses is alive and running .........

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back