• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

what are the chances....

839e60df-a207-4ffa-b0e0-a026a6d7c9c8_text.gif

Tough question. If you have a coach, administration, commitment, and a large fan base, I see no reason why you can’t be great. If Scott, or someone else can become the coach(s) we all thought they would be, Nebraska can excel. No reason why they can’t. Nebraska has been just wandering around, mostly recruiting top 20 classes, while having bumbling issues, mistakes and lost seasons. Imagine what those top 20 classes could turn into if they could win? This program can recruit top 10-15 talent on the regular, if it ever gets itself right. I’m not sure what the future of college football even is, but if it stays around, and Nebraska can turn the corner, there is no reason why it can’t win, big. It has the money, facilities, passion, and a large fan base. It’s all there for someone to take advantage. Nebraska should definitely hope for more than just a bowl bid, but after the past 5 years, a bowl bid would be a start.

Last edited:
Within the next 10 years, could be 1 or 2 seasons sneaking into Top25 AP/Coaches polls. Maybe.

Last edited:

of Nebraska becoming relevant nationally within the next 2-3 years? I would say less than 50%.
Starts with leadership.

Starts with the chancellor and AD. Do they have a good vision, do they have the fortitude and do they have an infrastructure to support their coaches.

I like what we have at the ultimate top of the organization. I think TA is thoughtful, judicious and has the courageous leadership to either fix or change the football leadership.

I do think we make significant progress this year, if not we will have new coaching staff with a “turn-it-around-quickly“ mandate.

Tough question. If you have a coach, administration, commitment, and a large fan base, I see no reason why you can’t be great. If Scott, or someone else can become the coach(s) we all thought they would be, Nebraska can excel. No reason why they can’t. Nebraska has been just wandering around, mostly recruiting top 20 classes, while having bumbling issues, mistakes and lost seasons. Imagine what those top 20 classes could turn into if they could win? This program can recruit top 10-15 talent on the regular, if it ever gets itself right. I’m not sure what the future of college football even is, but if it stays around, and Nebraska can turn the corner, there is no reason why it can’t win, big. It has the money, facilities, passion, and a large fan base. It’s all there for someone to take advantage. Nebraska should definitely hope for more than just a bowl bid, but after the past 5 years, a bowl bid would be a start.
Exactly.

I know it but who knows in the future .... could be true. Like Cub's 100 years drought
Or, Minnesota’s 60+ year drought. None of their fan base thought they’d ever struggle in the 40’s and 50’s, and look what’s happened to them. Never helped them playing In that dump, the metradome.
There is a lot that goes into sustained success. It starts with fan interest, support, money, facilities, affiliations ...

Being part of the B1G provides a foundation. You don't have to worry about stability, TV revenues.

NU has way more positives than negatives going for it.

Our 20 year drought is due almost exclusively to leadership. At the AD position and the Head Coach position. Fix that and NU returns to a perennial top 25 program.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back