• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Predicting Every B1G Teams 2022 Record

Looking at the start of our year: We should open 4-2 at least. North Dakota and Georgia Southern should be wins. Northwestern, Indiana, and Rutgers should be no more than one loss. Oklahoma you'd assume we will be an underdog. 3-3 or worse and Frost is gone and the season is a wash.

So if we open 4-2 as the worst case scenario- Purdue, Illinois, Minnesota are that same shouldn't be more than one loss territory. That puts us at 6-3. Then you finish with the tough Michigan, Wisconsin, Iowa stretch. You'd like to think that we can pull out at least one of those games.

My prediction on the season would be 7-5. I think that if you were setting the over/under you'd put it at 7.5 or 6.5. Missing a bowl this year would be completely unacceptable.

Looking at the start of our year: We should open 4-2 at least. North Dakota and Georgia Southern should be wins. Northwestern, Indiana, and Rutgers should be no more than one loss. Oklahoma you'd assume we will be an underdog. 3-3 or worse and Frost is gone and the season is a wash.

So if we open 4-2 as the worst case scenario- Purdue, Illinois, Minnesota are that same shouldn't be more than one loss territory. That puts us at 6-3. Then you finish with the tough Michigan, Wisconsin, Iowa stretch. You'd like to think that we can pull out at least one of those games.

My prediction on the season would be 7-5. I think that if you were setting the over/under you'd put it at 7.5 or 6.5. Missing a bowl this year would be completely unacceptable.
IF you assume:

1) Special teams will be better

2) Turnover ratio will be better - 2AM and his 13 turnovers (10 INTs and 3 fumbles lost) move on to Manhattan KS

3) Offensive line - thus running game - will be better. Can it be any worse?

4) Close games will swing at least back to the mid point ... 8 one score losses last year

We go from being the nation's best 3-9 football team to a 7-5 or 8-4 football team.
I know If-and-buts as well as the definition of assume but goodness gracious ... the football gods have to be more generous don't they?

IF you assume:

2) Turnover ratio will be better - 2AM and his 13 turnovers (10 INTs and 3 fumbles lost) move on to Manhattan KS

4) Close games will swing at least back to the mid point ... 8 one score losses last year

We go from being the nation's best 3-9 football team to a 7-5 or 8-4 football team.
I know If-and-buts as well as the definition of assume but goodness gracious ... the football gods have to be more generous don't they?
Iffy assumptions, if you think that the fish rots from the head.

Iffy assumptions, if you think that the fish rots from the head.
Understand that point but …

I like Busch as the special teams coordinator.
I like Raiola as the offensive line coach (frankly anyone is better).
I like Whipple as OC and Thompson at QB in regards to turnovers.

I know that’s being optimistic and I believe it can overcome issues from the “head”. I believe SF has a one to two year opportunity to become a better version of himself if he wants to do so.

We don’t need to challenge for a NC this year … we just need to challenge for a division title this year.

IF you assume:

Emotionally, I can't take another season like last year. Hopefully we've paid our dues in heartbreak and are due for some happiness.

8-4 or better would be a success, considering what the last 5 years have been like. 6-6 or worse would feel like a disappointment. 7-5 is kind of the sweet spot where you'll still wish we were better, but can live with the improvement.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back