• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Chuck Neinas, great read, Nebraska and Missouri made mistake

Status
Not open for further replies.

Why did they receive that? Because they were leaving.
So you acknowledge that the conference was so petty/corrupt that they'd purposely screw a team, and yet you think it was a mistake to leave said conference?

If anything, that game confirmed we made the right decision. Our issues since joining the Big 10 have had way more to do with us than the conference.

So you acknowledge that the conference was so petty/corrupt that they'd purposely screw a team, and yet you think it was a mistake to leave said conference?

If anything, that game confirmed we made the right decision. Our issues since joining the Big 10 have had way more to do with us than the conference.
I NEVER SAID IT WAS A MISTAKE, Chuck Neinas did. I was commenting on the article. Geez dude, read.

And BTW, it was petty, wrong, vindictive, and dishonest. That said, that’s why it happened, as wrong as it was.

I don’t disagree that a majority of this has been on NU. That said, it’s not really a fit either. No recruiting territory, no rivals, long travel, and couple that with ass whippings and the worst team in the conference doesn’t help either. Money wise, hell yeah, home run. Athletics wise, massive failure.

The next change, which will happen before the end of the decade, will be even tougher. It also will seem like the only option, and the right thing to do.

I guess clarify your initial post in this thread, because it sure sounds like you think it was a mistake.
6kf43i.jpg

"... it’s not really a fit either. No recruiting territory, no rivals, long travel, and couple that with ass whippings and the worst team in the conference doesn’t help either."

But you don't think it was a mistake?
It was definitely a mistake from an athletic standpoint. You can make all the excuses you want, what was it I said that is untrue? All of it is true. That said, I understand why the move was made, but I’d bet that if .001 wasn’t put back on that clock, they’d have never left.

I NEVER SAID IT WAS A MISTAKE, Chuck Neinas did. I was commenting on the article. Geez dude, read.
I did read, it sure seems as though you are lamenting our departure and the only benefit I've seen you discuss has been the $.
And BTW, it was petty, wrong, vindictive, and dishonest. That said, that’s why it happened, as wrong as it was.

I don’t disagree that a majority of this has been on NU. That said, it’s not really a fit either. No recruiting territory, no rivals, long travel, and couple that with ass whippings and the worst team in the conference doesn’t help either. Money wise, hell yeah, home run. Athletics wise, massive failure.
#1. If you think that was the first "petty, wrong, vindictive, and dishonest" thing that happened to NU in the Big 12, you weren't paying attention. It was simply the most overt and obvious.
#2. The bolded is NOT why NU has struggled in the Big 10. We have struggled because of crap coaching and administration. NU has consistently out-recruited the Big 10 West since joining the conference.

We made the right call.

It was definitely a mistake from an athletic standpoint. You can make all the excuses you want, what was it I said that is untrue? All of it is true. That said, I understand why the move was made, but I’d bet that if .001 wasn’t put back on that clock, they’d have never left.
What makes you think that a coach like MR would've done any better in the Big 12?

I did read, it sure seems as though you are lamenting our departure and the only benefit I've seen you discuss has been the $.

#1. If you think that was the first "petty, wrong, vindictive, and dishonest" thing that happened to NU in the Big 12, you weren't paying attention. It was simply the most overt and obvious.
#2. The bolded is NOT why NU has struggled in the Big 10. We have struggled because of crap coaching and administration. NU has consistently out-recruited the Big 10 West since joining the conference.

We made the right call.
Lol, don’t assume. I never said it was the first wrong thing. A&M was egregious. All the votes were 11-1. And yes, the only benefit, so far is $$$, and the increased academic advantages. Athletically, Nebraska has been largely uncompetitive, in nearly every sport, for whatever reason.

What makes you think that a coach like MR would've done any better in the Big 12?
He wouldn’t of. I said so the day he was hired. Dude sucks, and always has. Maybe Riley never happens, or Opey Taylor if Nebraska doesn’t change conferences. Who knows. And why the hell is anyone even arguing this. I guess Bo did have NU at least tolerable, so there is that. It was the right move for $$$ and academics. Athletically? Not so much. College football is about done anyways so it’s probably not going to matter in due time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back