• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Transfers will determine the Nebraska's fate in 2022.

New York Husker

Heisman
20 Year Member
Welcome to the impossible task.

If last year’s Husker Camp Countdown had a certain ease to it, the 2022 version promises to be the toughest prognostication yet.

Identifying the top 50 players — plus honorable mention guys — in 2021? Pretty easy.

This year? It’s more of a dart throw.

Don’t they still have to be coached?

a0bc6845-8e76-4e68-b762-9deedcb47679_text.gif

Frost is 3-3 in season openers (not counting Akron.) Two of those wins were at UCF.

Welcome to the impossible task.

If last year’s Husker Camp Countdown had a certain ease to it, the 2022 version promises to be the toughest prognostication yet.

Identifying the top 50 players — plus honorable mention guys — in 2021? Pretty easy.

This year? It’s more of a dart throw.

We got some good players but it will be interesting to see how quickly they gel.

This is the way college football, and college sports in general, are heading. More and more kids are bouncing around from school to school. Unfortunately, there may be a point in the near future where it is a rarity to have guys you get to watch for four straight years at the same school.

I truly have no clue how this season is going to go. I feel like our talent and depth has improved with the portal additions, and we did pick up some new asst coaches. I hope things are about to get better, but we have all learned not to get too excited. I remember leaving the Illinois game last year in total shock that things had not improved.

Thought we hired a few.
Have to see how they all gel together. No guarantees. Probably some good individual coaches, but can they fit their philosophies and schemes together to make it work in unison? Northwestern will test them immediately. It’s not SW Tim Buck Two State for an opener.

As for portal U? Too early to tell if it’s a one year thing, or an every year thing. Also, Nebraska isn’t the Lone Ranger in this regard either. Many many schools have hit the portal hard.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back