• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Five Once-Great Programs that are no Longer Feared

Youi know where I am coming from....sad.

The only argument I have with these 5 teams is that I don't think Auburn has ever been that feared of a team. Throughout their history they have been very up and down. A couple of really good years and then back down to around .500. Pat Dye had some sustain success but even he eventually fell off and was fired amid scandal.

They should replace Auburn with Tennessee. The Vols have basically mirrored Nebraska ever since 1997. Both were traditional blue bloods with piles and wins and bowls, but since then have largely fallen off the national radar.

Agreed. I fully expected to see Tennessee on this list.

I agree with Miami and Penn State being listed.

I would put Florida State and Texas on that list before Auburn and Washington
For sure, Florida State. Disappointment performances (based on recruit battles) ...... TexAss, FSU, UThugs and U$C

From rich to poor player, Spencer Rattler. Favorite Heisman candidate to clipboard position without injury. However, #16 in Farrell's 50 QB's. We will see ....

Last edited:
They should replace Auburn with Tennessee. The Vols have basically mirrored Nebraska ever since 1997. Both were traditional blue bloods with piles and wins and bowls, but since then have largely fallen off the national radar.

Definitely not where they were under Majors and Fulmer. But they do have winning seasons and bowl games two of the past three years.

This year will be interesting for Tennessee football. They have an improved offense under Heupel. Enough to land a verbal from a 5-star QB for the 2023 class. I believe the preseason polls will have the Vols ranked -- so we'll see if they can live up to expectations.

Last edited:
Definitely not where they were under Majors and Fulmer. But they do have winning seasons and bowl games two of the past three years.

This year will be interesting for Tennessee football. They have an improved offense under Heupel. Enough to land a verbal from a 5-star QB for the 2023 class. I believe the preseason polls will have the Vols ranked -- so we'll see if they can live up to expectations.
Purdoo beat Smokey Dog in Music City. Anyway I really don't like orange checkerboard endzones :Biggrin:.

Heupel lost his weight?

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back