• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

College World Series

HuskerWeatherman

Feral Cat
20 Year Member
After Monday's results (2 games), the field is set.

One half of the bracket:
Oklahoma
Texas
Texas A&M
Notre Dame

The other half:
Stanford
Arkansas
Auburn
Ole Miss

Half the teams are SEC....Texas and Oklahoma will soon be joining them.

Texas fans are having wet dreams tonight (pardon my French). OU and A&M in their bracket?! Their two biggest rivals. Just needed to swap out Notre Dame for Arkansas, and you'd complete the trifecta.

The other half is an SEC love fest. lol, deal with it, Stanford. Hillbillies vs Honor Students.

Last edited:

As @johnrr6 points out, it's wide open.

Texas and Stanford are the betting favorites to win the national title, but it's bunched pretty close among the field.

Living in Austin, I pay almost as much attention to the Longhorns, as I do the Huskers. UT has the national player of the year -- Ivan Melendez (The Hispanic Titanic, as they call him). He hit 32 homers this year, most ever in the BBCOR era (change in bat technology that began in 2011).

The Razorbacks have now advanced to the College World Series seven times under Dave Van Horn but are still in search of their first title.

Last edited:

I don’t really hate the Horns baseball team. As a kid…I went to a CWS game at the Blatt….got there early and watched James Street warm up. He came over and talked to us kids for at least 5 minutes….totally nice guy…was interested in our baseball ”careers” ….blew me away….

Amazed Tennesse did not get in….

REALLY good balance!

It’s anybody’s Natty to win.

Whoever gets hot.

Should be a great CWS!
I'm in Tennessee and normally pull for the Vols but just could not do it. I'm shocked they didn't make it but they are so hard to watch. The all about "me", poor sportsmanship, complaining, ejections, etc made the baseball purist in me wanna gag.

It’s funny….this years Tennessee team and fans had an attitude and acted much like last years “unbeatable “ Arkansas Team. Also #1 at the time….

Same results

The Hogs toned it down a lot this year….no big signs of “Omahogs”….and made it to Omaha….go figure.

Last edited:
Hoping to be able to watch the games. Had a little time off from baseball; just couldn't get into it, after a while. I would like to see Stanford win it all. Not just because I am from the Bay Area, but it would it would be a change. :) Well, maybe, because I did follow Stanford, way back in the days. ;)

Oklahoma may be the "other" Big Red, but so is Stanford. :Gobigred:

Last edited:
Hoping to be able to watch the games. Had a little time off from baseball; just couldn't get into it, after a while. I would like to see Stanford win it all. Not just because I am from the Bay Area, but it would it would be a change. :) Well, maybe, because I did follow Stanford, way back in the days. ;)

Oklahoma may be the "other" Big Red, but is Stanford. :Gobigred:

Cornell is the only true Big Red. :)

Seriously? :Rolf: :Rolf: :Rolf: :Rolf: :Rolf:

Stanford, Oklahoma and Nebraska has a say in that, my friend. ;)

Stanford is the Cardinal, Nebraska Huskers (or Cornhuskers), Oklahoma Sooners.

Cornell Big Red. That's their sports teams name.

The nickname "Big Red" for Cornell teams originated in 1905. The late Romeyn Berry '04, then a recent Cornell graduate, was writing the lyrics for a new football song. Since Cornell had no nickname at the time, Berry simply referred to Cornell as the "big red team" and it caught on.

Great start to the CWS, or, I guess its now (weirdly) the MCWS.

The margin for error is so slim, who would have predicted 2 blowouts in the first round? Pitching and defense still wins championships, but if your pitching is off by just a bit, you'll get pounded.

The four first round winners are all hot, but can anyone come back from a first round loss? Maybe Stanford? I'm not as familiar with them so not sure the depth of their pitching staff. A&M lacks depth on the mound so they are probably in a hurt locker, but who knows.

I didn't really watch OU at all this year so they have been a surprise to me. Only watched ND when they dismantled Tennessee but that is enough to believe they can get it done. I don't really have a favorite here so just enjoying watching great college baseball.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back