• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

NCAA Tournament

My Dallas Baptist Patriots got thumped last night. I was hoping they might be able to upset the Longhorns in the winner's bracket. Now they are facing elimination.

My Dallas Baptist Patriots got thumped last night. I was hoping they might be able to upset the Longhorns in the winner's bracket. Now they are facing elimination.

DBU has to be the best 3-seed in the tournament. In fact, I'm surprised they didn't get a 2-seed. They should be able to beat Air Force with ease.

Last edited:

11-9-1 in the MoValley, then 1-2 in their tournament, shouldn't result in an at-large bid.

They did hobble into the end of the season.

Yet they had as many big wins as about any team.

Won a series over Maryland.

Won a series over San Diego (who just beat Vanderbilt yesterday).

Swept #10 Southern Miss in three games.

Swept another 3-game series against a tournament team, Oral Roberts.

Have wins over Baylor, TCU (2), Okie State, and OU.

Only 8 teams had a better combination of wins and winning percentage against tier one opponents. But they were not nearly as good against tier two teams. Very Jeckyl and Hyde.

#1 RPI in the nation against non-conference competition. #23 RPI overall heading into the NCAA Tournament.

Makes me wonder if they had a key late-season injury.

Last edited:

They did hobble into the end of the season.

Yet they had as many big wins as about any team.

Won a series over Maryland.

Won a series over San Diego (who just beat Vanderbilt yesterday).

Swept #10 Southern Miss in three games.

Swept another 3-game series against a tournament team, Oral Roberts.

Have wins over Baylor, TCU (2), Okie State, and OU.

Only 8 teams had a better combination of wins and winning percentage against tier one opponents. But they were not nearly as good against tier two teams. Very Jeckyl and Hyde.

#1 RPI in the nation against non-conference competition. #23 RPI overall heading into the NCAA Tournament.

Makes me wonder if they had a key late-season injury.

That's neat.

You forgot they lost series to Wofford (non-qualifier), Bradley (non-qualifier), Southern Illinois (non-qualifier), Illinois State (non-qualifier) & Indiana State (non-qualifier).

But hey, they're OOC is more important. :Thumbsdown: In a more normal (conference) season for DBU, what you have above solidifies their seeding. In 2022, it's straight up BS. They're a 11-9-1 conference team who just crap the bed going 1-4 in the post-season.

NC State or Rutgers > DBU.

Last edited:
That's neat.

You forgot they lost series to Wofford (non-qualifier), Bradley (non-qualifier), Southern Illinois (non-qualifier), Illinois State (non-qualifier) & Indiana State (non-qualifier).

But hey, they're OOC is more important. :Thumbsdown: In a more normal (conference) season for DBU, what you have above solidifies their seeding. In 2022, it's straight up BS. They're a 11-9-1 conference team who just crap the bed going 1-4 in the post-season.

NC State or Rutgers > DBU.

I didn't forget anything. As I said, they were very Jeckyl and Hyde. I'll bet many to most tournament teams (especially 3-seeds) have some bad losses as well. That's what makes you a 3-seed instead of a 1 or 2-seed.

I'm not sure what gets you so defensive about this. I enjoy and appreciate your college baseball knowledge, but it's just some simply banter here.

I'm not a DBU fan. I'm just stating there are plenty of good things on their resume to have earned the tournament bid. Yes, Rutgers deserved a bid as well, as I previously stated. DBU had many more big wins than Rutgers. But DBU probably had more bad losses --DBU absolutely had a more difficult schedule. All of that matters.

Last edited:
I didn't forget anything. As I said, they were very Jeckyl and Hyde. I'll bet many to most tournament teams (especially 3-seeds) have some bad losses as well. That's what makes you a 3-seed instead of a 1 or 2-seed.

I'm not sure what gets you so defensive about this. I enjoy and appreciate your college baseball knowledge, but it's just some simply banter here.

I'm not a DBU fan. I'm just stating there are plenty of good things on their resume to have earned the tournament bid. Yes, Rutgers deserved a bid as well, as I previously stated. DBU had many more big wins than Rutgers. But DBU probably had more bad losses --DBU absolutely had a more difficult schedule. All of that matters.

No mid-major had that conference record and got an AL bid so you're 3 v 2/1 holds absolutely zero weight for this discussion. That's the part you don't understand.

I'm not defensive. I have a strong opinion with the game of baseball and I'll defend that opinion. If you prefer I don't respond just tell me and I'll ignore your posts going forward. It's a joke a 11-9-1 MoValley team got an at-large which screwed over more deserving teams. You think they're deserving. Good for you. They finished 1-4 in the post-season. Congrats on the OOC resume DBU, they are who I thought they were - an undeserving team.

Last edited:

No mid-major had that conference record and got an AL bid so you're 3 v 2/1 holds absolutely zero weight for this discussion. That's the part you don't understand.

I'm not defensive. I have a strong opinion with the game of baseball and I'll defend that opinion. If you prefer I don't respond just tell me and I'll ignore your posts going forward. It's a joke a 11-9-1 MoValley team got an at-large which screwed over more deserving teams. You think they're deserving. Good for you. They finished 1-4 in the post-season. Congrats on the OOC resume DBU, they are who I thought they were - an undeserving team.

I have no issues with strong opinions. But you can be even more effective without being a dick about it.

I have no need to ignore you. You provide good info. You're just too much to debate.

Will any team keep Tennessee from winning it all? They are like Arkansas last season -- clearly the best the regular season.

Texas State is a great story. The school is in San Marco, TX -- just a short drive south of Austin (technically within the Austin metro). They have forced Stanford into an elimination game in their own regional.

Arkansas put a pummeling onto Okie State in Stillwater.

The Sooners have forced Florida into an elimination game in their own regional.

Maryland got beat by UConn and must now face Wake Forest in an elimination game.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back