• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Is it just me....

I felt since last year watching KSU, that they had a chance to be pretty damn good in 2022, especially if they found a QB. Martinez has talent, and they are well coached. Kleiman is a damn good coach (my pick for NU should Frost fail), and they have good coaches throughout. They get a lot out of a 2-3* roster, which is improving. If Martinez can avoid what he didn’t at NU (turnovers, baffling decisions) KSU will be a threat in the Big 12 this year. I really like what Kansas State does. Tough defense, good special teams and opportunistic offense. If they can turn up the offense, they will be a team to watch out for.
Will be a RPO fast paced offense under Klein this season. He may try for multiple, but fast paced is what they're practicing right now.

Will be a RPO fast paced offense under Klein this season. He may try for multiple, but fast paced is what they're practicing right now.
I think they are going to be pretty good. Do they have anyone worthy behind Martinez in case of injury? That could be key for season long success.

His comments didn't bother me at all. I wish he would have stayed, and I won't be even a little bit surprised if he has a great season.

Don't read anything into it.
His comments don’t bother me either. I think he may very well have a great season. I’m glad he left. 4 years was plenty. A change was needed, and necessary. It was stale here, and he knows as much.

Saying your current team is the most talented you've been on is like saying your current girlfriend is the most attractive woman you've ever dated, whether true or not its helluva lot more flattering than telling her you were impressed with her attractiveness when you met her.
That’s why you need new ones on the regular. :Biggrin: Always another one hotter.

Honestly, he may simply be stating the truth. Frost and Co. did him zero favors and based on KSU's previous records, he's probably right. Not losing sleep over this article or his comment.

He gave his all while here. Wish the kid the best. Time to focus on 2022. #GBR

Honestly, he may simply be stating the truth. Frost and Co. did him zero favors and based on KSU's previous records, he's probably right. Not losing sleep over this article or his comment.

I think they may very well be better players, football players. Raw talent? Not even close imo. The difference is Kleiman and company bring everything out of their players, and Nebraska looks lost and it’s shown. KSU just plays better football at the moment.

He can say what he wants doesn’t change the fact he was part of the problem here. Time will tell if he changed his turnover ways or if he’s still the guy that turns the ball over.

He never said it was the most talented team he was very careful to say it's PROBABLY (in other words he is not totally certain its true) the most talented team he has been around. Keeping in mind he has yet to throw a football etc in Manhattan

With that being said best of luck to him.

He moved on and Nebraska has moved on.

I hope the best for him and Nebraska in 2022

Last edited:

He never said it was the most talented team he was very careful to say it's PROBABLY (in other words he is not totally certain its true) the most talented team he has been around. Keeping in mind he has yet to throw a football etc in Manhattan

With that being said best of luck to him.

He moved on and Nebraska has moved on.

I hope the best for him and Nebraska in 2022
Agreed. Also he hasn't played against his own team in a scrimmage, let alone another opponent. Plus when you factor the KSU offense is going up against a typical anemic Big 12 defense, even a JC team would look good so of course he is very optimistic.....like he was at Nebraska before games were actually played......and we know how that mostly turned out.

You just can't take what players and coaches say to news media as gospel truth. They don't speak to fans, they speak to media. Subtle difference, but it's there. They're going to put themselves in the best possible light given the current circumstances, even if it's a bit on the shadey side.

The only time honest truth comes out is when a coach or player is emotional (as in PO'd) and then they get lambasted by the media ("I'm 40, I'm a man.")

I think of Martinez as I do any other player who has decided to quit the team, even if it was amicable: If you don't want to be here, I don't want you here.

Whatever the case, I wish him well. Hopefully, he will find that “win it in the fourth quarter” killer instinct that has been lacking the last four years.

Another headline on Huskermax is an article suggesting that Nebraska’s success this coming year is going to depend on the transfers. That’s not exactly an indication that we were loaded with talent on the roster. We had talent. But maybe not enough in the right places.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back