• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Is it just me....

K-State is 25-23 since 2018. Our record is much worse.

They must certainly have more talent; I recall many discussions about how Mike Riley left the team in ruins.

75575925.jpg

Last edited:
I predict 2AM starts in half the games or less due to injury or production.
You could be right. He will be leaned on heavily to do everything. He needs to learn to not take as many hits. Good thing for him is, they have somewhat of a downhill running game, and his OL will likely be better than anything NU had while he was there, so maybe he won’t be running for his life so much. I have to show some ‘respect’ lol, for the departed coach who’s no longer at NU, so no shot fired.

K-State is 25-23 since 2018. Our record is much worse.

They must certainly have more talent; I recall many discussions about how Mike Riley left the team in ruins.
Personally, I don’t believe for a second they have more raw talent than NU. They just had coaches able to maximize the talent they do have. That’s something NU could not do. On either side of the ball. Big difference.

I get what you are saying Thom. It certainly seems like a slight at his ex teammates. He strikes me as pretty media savvy. It could be that he is just offering his honest opinion and doesn't really worry about how people in Lincoln feel about things anymore. Or, he could be trying to pump up his current teammates.
It will be of interest to many Husker fans how he does at KSU. It will help further certain viewpoints depending how much success he does or does not have in Manhattan. For many, it will be proof one way or the other to support Frost or rip him.
As for me, I will not be worrying about how he and his teammates do next fall. He left, I think it was mutual between him and Frost. I only hope that our new QB and OC get better results on the offensive side of the ball than what we have had the last few years. Especially in regards to finishing drives with TD's.

GBR

Nope but he could say. I was impressed with the talent when I got here. Saying it is THE most talented team throws his former teammates under the bus
Saying your current team is the most talented you've been on is like saying your current girlfriend is the most attractive woman you've ever dated, whether true or not its helluva lot more flattering than telling her you were impressed with her attractiveness when you met her.

I felt since last year watching KSU, that they had a chance to be pretty damn good in 2022, especially if they found a QB. Martinez has talent, and they are well coached. Kleiman is a damn good coach (my pick for NU should Frost fail), and they have good coaches throughout. They get a lot out of a 2-3* roster, which is improving. If Martinez can avoid what he didn’t at NU (turnovers, baffling decisions) KSU will be a threat in the Big 12 this year. I really like what Kansas State does. Tough defense, good special teams and opportunistic offense. If they can turn up the offense, they will be a team to watch out for.
A leopard can't change its spots. AM is what is.

He speaks like a leader, always has. In a few months we'll get to see how that works out. I personally won't sell him short as I've seen him at his greatest and it was awesome. The team statement was just exactly what a leader should say, this team may truly be his most talented, stars be damned.

As unapologetic Nebraska Kool-Aid drink, I cannot fault anyone being the same for their team and KSU is now AM's team. Add to it that AM has a limited time to get everyone on the team to buy-in on him to get the most out of his team in his final season and he needs to convey a message that he has fully bought into them with no mixed signals or doubts. As pointed out, I think he could have phrased it differently, but it is hard to fault him as it could be easy to misconstrue a well coached and disciplined team for being more talented in the short time he has been there.

I think he fully appreciated his time as Cornhusker and unless he starts acting in a nefarious way, that I believe to be out of character for him, to purposefully attach and tear down Nebraska, I wish him all the best as a Wildcat.

What's he supposed to say? "This team isn't as talented as my old team" or "I can really see us winning 3-5 games like I'm accustomed to". Whether he believes KSU has more talent or not he has to say they do to hype up his new team and fans.

He's moved on and we should do the same.
How about he says KSU is extremely talented.

His statement rings hollow.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back