• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Latest 247 Transfer Portal Rankings: Huskers Sitting At #6 / ON3 Has NU At #3

1653419047606.png

Now #7 as Texas jumped ahead of us and Alabama with three 5 star recruits.

Last edited:

I'm guessing we lose more than 3 by the "go date".

Start of Fall Camp

With the week 0 game would be the very end of July

I suspect they already have a good idea

I could see more than three with the extra scholarships going to deserving Walk-on's

Remember we had 13 players leave as well, and our HS recruiting received a low ranking. The combined portal and High School 247 rankings have us at 31 overall, and 6th in the B1G. So we did well in the portal, but it was making up for a difficult position. It is crisis averted only if the staff can work 33 or more newcomers into a cohesive whole.

It would be great to see all of these transfer players with playing experience be immediate contributors to the team and help build a better, winning team mentality. With 5 straight losing seasons most of the current team don't know what it is like to be on a winning season/program let alone what it takes to be a member of a winning team/program. I would really like to see that change in a big way this coming season.

Remember we had 13 players leave as well, and our HS recruiting received a low ranking. The combined portal and High School 247 rankings have us at 31 overall, and 6th in the B1G. So we did well in the portal, but it was making up for a difficult position. It is crisis averted only if the staff can work 33 or more newcomers into a cohesive whole.

We need several of these Portal additions to "meet or exceed" expectations this coming year.

Maybe it's my short-term memory deficiencies but it seems Portal/Graduate Transfer additions have NOT made a true impact for the Huskers except for Samori Toure, Darrion Daniels and Connor Culp (2020 season only).

We need several of these Portal additions to "meet or exceed" expectations this coming year.

Maybe it's my short-term memory deficiencies but it seems Portal/Graduate Transfer additions have NOT made a true impact for the Huskers except for Samori Toure, Darrion Daniels and Connor Culp (2020 season only).
You are correct in the past. Some of these folks project far above what we took in the past. As an example Devin Drew is probably on par with Daniels on DL impact. Wynn may be better than all of them. Same with Mathis. Palmer is a 5 star and projects above Toure. He played in arguably the toughest league in CFB. We have not had a WR with his potential since Irving Friar. The wild cards to me are the 2 QBs. They are our true make or break players. If one or both live up to expectation we have a shot at being really good. If not..

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back