• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

43 points

I think you can read between the lines by the contract adjustment as well as some of the comments that were made by Trev. I certainly for one believe that had the buy out been closer to 8-10 million he would have been gone. Have I heard things? Yes. Can I prove they are true? Of course not. I will ask you this, have you ever heard of a contract buyout being substantially modified as well as cutting a salary by over 20% then claiming that you like the direction of the program? Had Trev done nothing I would agree with you.
Why would Alberts have added provisions for Frost to reclaim his lost salary? The change was very akin to what Michigan did with Harbaugh. Frost was incentivized strongly. The changes shifted financial risk from the University to Frost, but he was given a path to reclaim the original compensation. It’s noteworthy that this scheme turned out pretty well for Michigan.

I got a good laugh out of it. Yes, I have been in Frost's camp. Yes, I have said at least 7 wins this season is my floor. Nothing has wavered. I was disappointed he went 100 pct all in all Martinez. I was disappointed there did not appear to be plan B for QB until this year.. I am disappointed of a lack of a consistent running game and play calling at best has been a C-. I am really disappointed in our offensive line and ST. All that being said, I am still in Frost's camp. But he has this year to get us to a bowl.

For the record, unless we lose Thompson and Chubba both...anything less than 7 wins and it's time to say goodbye.
Make that 9

bird-popcorn.gif

6h39ka.gif

wwe-ryback.gif

Last edited:
Why would Alberts have added provisions for Frost to reclaim his lost salary? The change was very akin to what Michigan did with Harbaugh. Frost was incentivized strongly. The changes shifted financial risk from the University to Frost, but he was given a path to reclaim the original compensation. It’s noteworthy that this scheme turned out pretty well for Michigan.
You are free to believe what you want to believe. I obviously believe differently. No worries, be happy.

Can you point to where I said that? I am just trying to help you understand the difference between facts and opinions.

Fact: Greg Austin was the offensive line coach at Nebraska.

Opinion: Greg Austin was a terrible coach and should have been fired, preferably a season or two earlier.

For what it's worth, Austin was the coach that I believe most deserved to be let go. That's my opinion.
I do understand. Completely. However, it is a fact that he was not a good coach. It was blatantly obvious, but given you want to be technical about it, I suppose you could say it’s an opinion, even though it’s clearly true. It’s not really an opinion if it’s the truth.

You are free to believe what you want to believe. I obviously believe differently. No worries, be happy.
All I posted were facts? What is it you don't believe about what I posted?

You disagree that Frost can regain his salary? That's documented, even if the threshold that triggers it is not public.

You disagree that a similar scheme turned out well for Michigan/Harbaugh?

Last edited:
All I posted were facts? What is it you don't believe about what I posted?

You disagree that Frost can regain his salary? That's documented, even if the threshold that triggers it is not public.

You disagree that a similar scheme turned out well for Michigan/Harbaugh?
My apologies you responded to me after I was responding to another poster who insinuated Trev’s was all on board with keeping Scott. I mistakenly thought you were that original poster I was replying to. I don’t believe Trev was all on board but did what he had to do to gain consensus and satisfy some of the other powers that be. That’s my belief. Whether it’s yours or not is your business. But yes you did respond with facts regarding what could happen with the turnaround we all hope for.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back