• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

This guy "got it" about last season and the possible impact of Casey Thompson.

That guy's intro was too much. I had to stop it at that point.

But I will say, last season has very little to translate to this season. The starters and coaching staff are much different. If we were carrying over most/all of the same coaches and starters, then I think you could possibly make that comparison. New offensive schemes, Frost in a different role, etc. The 2022 Huskers are as different from the year prior as we've ever seen in Lincoln. Might be better, might not. But a large percentage of those players and coaches involved in last season are gone.

Anyhow, if that's the point pretty boy is trying to make, I disagree. If we are better in 2022, it won't be because of what happened in 2021. We aren't building off last season -- we mostly blew it up.

Last edited:
Free from YouTube:

He sure did from my point of view, but my lips are all stained red from drinking the red stuff.
That analogy to a cornered animal is, I hope, an accurate one. We sure haven't seen any let up of effort after Frost renegotiated his contract. We've even got a few 1-2 year eligibility studs who are chasing The League. Everybody has something to play for this year.

He gets it
Add in a more effective run game, some playmakers at WR and in return game, pluck the low hanging fruit in our STs play, it'll happen
Yep, that's the glass full version, for sure.

Glass empty folks will remind us of first year (lack of) cohesion, first year new-scheme adjustments, first year OC, first year blips, period.

Yep, that's the glass full version, for sure.

Glass empty folks will remind us of first year (lack of) cohesion, first year new-scheme adjustments, first year OC, first year blips, period.
And the transfer players are more effected too, as if we are alone in that.
Him pointing out facts about close games isnt HIS pride showing, isnt HIS koolaid.
I think if anything, Thompson will be more consistent than AM.
He has several things AM doesnt, but those pointing out AMs running ability are also pointing out its too much.

And the transfer players are more effected too, as if we are alone in that.
Him pointing out facts about close games isnt HIS pride showing, isnt HIS koolaid.
I think if anything, Thompson will be more consistent than AM.
He has several things AM doesnt, but those pointing out AMs running ability are also pointing out its too much.
I think you are right about Thompson. He has played with ultra high expectations at Texas, and rose to the occasion. He knows what to expect. I think (hope) he'll be that calm but firm leader for this offense that the guys respond to.

As far as a QB running the ball, we've all seen QB's who are in systems where they don't get a bunch of designed runs, but they watch for their opportunity and make good yards and/or impactful first downs to continue big drives. That's what I'm expecting out of Thompson. Pick your moment, and make it count.

I think our run game may not have us near top in the Big.
But in this offense, it shouldnt be. But it will be more effective.
Consistency has been our failure, that changes this year.
I’m not saying it won’t, but how can you be so sure that it will be more effective, or, what this offense will even look like? Not bashing, just asking. We have nothing to go on, so doesn’t it make it kinda a crap shoot? I hope you’re right, and it hums like you think it will. That would go a long way towards victories.

I’m not saying it won’t, but how can you be so sure that it will be more effective, or, what this offense will even look like? Not bashing, just asking. We have nothing to go on, so doesn’t it make it kinda a crap shoot? I hope you’re right, and it hums like you think it will. That would go a long way towards victories.
Its safe to assume its going to look more like Pitt than Kelly.
Same run schemes, but blocked differently.
IMO, less man advantage, more get off quick, my guy bea ts your guy.
That doesnt mean we wont try for man advantage, or have unseen schemes for it, but change of pace, not bread and butter.

How that fares is up to Whip, and he will make adjustments.

We go into this season as an unknown to our opposition, not just our fans, and just like we've been caught expecting to see something that wasnt there, under Whip,IMO, we now have that ability with less rigidity to one scheme.

Watching Pitt games, there was always an answer, and IMO, that answer resides in Whip and his unpredictability.

Having a smart QB that can make the throws should bring success.

Too much hype! Selling a product before it is a proven commodity. The proof is always in the pudding. And, to this point, the pudding isn't even in the mix. Quick fixes are just another in a long line of "here comes the answer NU needs." The truth of the matter is that it takes a complete overhaul of the program to bring about consistent winning. Basically, one player cannot turn a program around. We need a much-improved line play in order for any individual to make a difference. The Martinez experiment fell flat on its face because he was supposed to be the "savior" of the program with too much hype and emphasis on one position.

Too much hype! Selling a product before it is a proven commodity. The proof is always in the pudding. And, to this point, the pudding isn't even in the mix. Quick fixes are just another in a long line of "here comes the answer NU needs." The truth of the matter is that it takes a complete overhaul of the program to bring about consistent winning. Basically, one player cannot turn a program around. We need a much-improved line play in order for any individual to make a difference. The Martinez experiment fell flat on its face because he was supposed to be the "savior" of the program with too much hype and emphasis on one position.
Threads like 43 points added to this guys noncommitted assessment, with him loving AM as well.
8 games by a TD or less, one by 9 points.
43 points in turnovers, ST play etc.
Turn ST play around by itself and it would have been impossible to have a losing season by adding those 43 points in the positive column.

This is simple math, and after doing it, I dont see a major complete overhaul needed, so I can see where you and this guy disagree.
I threw in the 43 points because he didnt, and thats just facts.

As for unproven, are we just supposed to ignore 24-10? More facts?

Last edited:
I agree with the bolded. But it's off season and the fans demand information. The hype is primarily from media sources who are selling clicks, papers, or magazines, and the fans are desperate. I remember back in the mid 70's, I could not wait to get my pre-football Sports Illustrated - invariably the Huskers were featured somehow, and I basically memorized the article's contents. Of course that was before the internet explosion....

Its safe to assume its going to look more like Pitt than Kelly.
Same run schemes, but blocked differently.
IMO, less man advantage, more get off quick, my guy bea ts your guy.
That doesnt mean we wont try for man advantage, or have unseen schemes for it, but change of pace, not bread and butter.

How that fares is up to Whip, and he will make adjustments.

We go into this season as an unknown to our opposition, not just our fans, and just like we've been caught expecting to see something that wasnt there, under Whip,IMO, we now have that ability with less rigidity to one scheme.

Watching Pitt games, there was always an answer, and IMO, that answer resides in Whip and his unpredictability.

Having a smart QB that can make the throws should bring success.
Does one year of impressive success at Pitt translate to the Big 10 and specifically Nebraska? There is no way to proclaim we are going to be any better or worse for that matter. You are spewing hope and that is great but don’t try to make it out as anything other than that.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back